We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Which Bainbridge Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris
reviews: 20
Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Hello,

On the way from Port Angeles to Mount Rainier Park, I was thinking of spending an afternoon and a night in Seattle.

Since I do not want to put the car on the ferry nor making a long detour from Tacoma to go to Seattle, I was thinking of parking the car for the night in the Bainbridge island terminal ferry parking place and come back with the ferry the next morning (This will be on a sunday and I understand bainbridge is the only running ferry in the area on sunday + tacoma express train to Seattle is not running neither).

Is this something feasible? Is this a safe option? Is there any better/safer options in a walking distance from the bainbridge ferry terminal? Of course I do not mind paying to secure my car!

Thanks for your help.

Florent

western WA
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Family Travel
reviews: 14
1. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Why not take your car on the ferry, Florent? It is not hard. The boats are very large and the ferry staff tell you exactly where to park. Seattle is not a difficult city to navigate at all.

If you are willing to pay to park your car, you might as well bring it over to Seattle and smooth your trip the next day.

Alternately, the Bremerton ferry does run on Sundays. Bremerton is more likely to have a parking garage of some kind, but I haven't used one myself. Don't leave valuables in the car wherever you leave it, and don't park it on some out of the way road (doesn't seem likely you'd do that, but some other reader might think of it).

The Tacoma train is a commuter train and does have very limited runs, as you have noted.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
reviews: 5
2. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

You can not park at the terminal. There are plenty of garages and lots nearby. Since I walk on the ferry I can not suggest a garage.

Paris
3. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Ainwa,

Thanks for the reply! indeed bremerton ferry works on sunday...wonder why I did not find this information in the first place!

I assume the question would now be...is there any parking place in Bremerton ferry terminal! :-) I understand it would be easier to park in Bremerton. This is indeed a good alternative with less driving and more ferry!

Now to answer your first remark, we are very very urban people so we do not have a car at home nor drive much appart from our annual US road trip! The idea of beeing "stressed" by angry commuters while parking in the ferry makes us a bit reluctant to try! (ok maybe I am thinking to French here! maybe people around seattle are more "civilized" than parisians... ;-) )

Glaciermeawdows,

Thanks!!! I think I will try my best at Bremerton ferry now and maybe even within seattle... :-)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
4. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

I am sorry I misread your Post. Yes of course you can park your car at the lots at Bainbridge Island. I think 24 hours is around $10. Your car would be very safe there. Bremerton is a good option, but I would rather leave my car on Bainbridge as opposed to Bremerton. I wll check on the amount as I take the BI Ferry to work. Having driven in and out of Paris a few times, it really is a lot easier here and less intimadating. Seattle is pretty easy to get in and out of. Once you get off either ferry you take a right after you get out of the terminal area and look for signs to Interstate 5. The distance is not very far. Had great visits to the Perrigord and Burgundy the last few years. Would be happy to help you if you have any questions. We headed for Rainier last Saturday by way of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge. Never made it because of an accident blocking one of the roads outside the Park and the terrible backup that resulted. If you can avoid Saturday I would.

Paris
5. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Thanks for this answer!

It is quite clear now. I was wondering if there were any parking lots at all but you both seem to say that this exists and that I can park for the night.

I assume I will decide whether or not taking the ferry with my car once I will be in front of it!

Perigord and burgundy! I hope you are not vegetarian and that you do not mind drinking (with moderation of course) some wine :-)

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
6. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Somehow I forced myself to drink the wine and eat the food! It was not too hard.

City of Angels, CA
reviews: 48
7. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Hi,

I might be traveling often to SeaTac Airport and staying away for a week or two at the time. Are there any parking places at Bainbridge Island where I could leave my car for a weeks at the time? Any safe places where I could buy a monthly parking permit or something?

I live part of the time in Kitsap peninsula.

I would appreciate any info. THX COOP.

Tramp

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
8. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

That is going to be tough. There are monthly parking lots. There are a couple of businesses near the main lots that may let you do that. I do not have a name off the top of my head.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
reviews: 45
9. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Some ideas...

Discuss with the Chamber of Commerce

Consider the bus and cab services

City of Angels, CA
reviews: 48
10. Re: Parking place at the ferry terminal in Bainbridge Island!

Thanks for your response. I have to do more research. I don't know what would be most economical and/or faster way; park at Bainbridge; park at SeaTac Airport; take a taxi to Bainbridge Ferry or some other place where I can catch a Kitsap transporter.

I hope I'll find a good solution. I'll let you know, if I find something good.

Tramp