We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

Which Woodbridge hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 6
Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

We will be staying in Woodbridge for a couple nights. Is this a safe area?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 98
1. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

I wouldn't worry about staying in Woodbridge.

You aren't staying there in order to visit Washington, D.C., are you? The traffic getting into/out of D.C. is a bear, especially during rush hour and Metro doesn't go out that far. You can expect to be driving 45 minutes - 1 hour (or more if there's an accident) in bumper-to-bumper traffic in the mornings and evenings.

Michigan
2. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

Thank you for your reply. We are on our way from Michigan to the Outer Banks. We thought we would hit the Outlet Mall and take the Metro in to DC one day. It does look like a bit of a long ride on the metro but better than driving. Does this sound like a bad plan?

Arlington, Virginia
reviews: 98
3. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

In order to get from Woodbridge into D.C. by Metro, you would first have to drive to a Metro station, park and then ride Metro. The closest Metro station to Woodbridge is the Springfield/Franconia station which is north of Woodbridge on I-95. On a weekday morning, it would take around 30 minutes to drive there, about 20 minutes on a weekend morning.

Next, depending on when you get to the station, you may or may not find parking. The parking fee is $4.50 (payable with a credit card--no cash) on weekdays and it is free on weekends.

Finally, it takes an additional 45 minutes to ride on Metro from Springfield to the Smithsonian station.

If you are coming on a weekend, I would probably recommend just driving into D.C. and parking for the day, probably at Union Station.

Thie following link is to a recent discussion on the Washington, D.C. forum about the very kind of trip you are considering. It should be able to answer some of your questions about using Metro to get to D.C. from the Springfield/Franconia station.

tripadvisor.com/…26360777

Michigan
4. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

Thank you for taking the time to spell this out. I will research this more. It helps to know what to expect.

Maryland
reviews: 5
5. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

The Virginia Railway Express (VRE) commuter trains to D.C. also stop in the Woodbridge area. Google their website. I don't know what parking is like at their stations. VRE is completely separate from the "Metrorail" system http://www.wmata.com

On Saturdays and Sundays, you will find ample free parking at most suburban metrorail stations. On Mon-Fri, you may find that the lots all fill up early and you will have to buy a $5 parking card.

Edited: 1:08 pm, June 02, 2010
6. Re: Is Woodbridge Va a safe community?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 30, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Woodbridge