We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief Trip Report Winchester, VA

Which Winchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 40
Brief Trip Report Winchester, VA

We spent one night at the Hampton Inn North, just a quick drive from downtown. We really enjoyed walking the pedestrian area there, and walking around the nearby blocks looking at the old homes and buildings, like that amazing library. Even with the drizzle it was nice to see.

Then on to the Museum of the Shenandoah Valley which was better than expected. A great little museum with a friendly and informative staff (or maybe mostly volunteers). The historic house is closed, but we spent about 2 hours just in the museum, including a delicious lunch. The gardens were wet and not much in bloom yet, so that didn't take long. But be sure to check in at the amazing model of the house that is over there.

All in all it was a fine brief vacation from the city. I just wish the weather had been a bit better. Next time we will go when the gardens are up and blooming.

Edited: 10:45 am, March 29, 2012
2 replies to this topic
Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
1. Re: Brief Trip Report Winchester, VA

Thanks for posting a report. I haven't been to Winchester in YEARS. It's time to go back, I think.

2. Re: Brief Trip Report Winchester, VA

Thanks for posting. I spent a night in Winchester a couple of years ago en route to somewhere else. I was surprised how much there was to see although most of it was closed by the time I arrived. I was glad there were so many restaurants to choose from on the pedestrian mall. I need to take a weekend trip to see what I missed. I wish I could go for the Virginia Garden Week tour near there on April 21. Maybe another time.

www.vagardenweek.org/tours-details.cfm…

Reply to: Brief Trip Report Winchester, VA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted