We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Funny mistake in Winchester Guide

Which Winchester hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ALEXANDRIA va
reviews: 40
Funny mistake in Winchester Guide

On the right side of this forum is a box for a "winchester Guide"

If you click on the Grab it and Go button, it brings up a page with tabs for hotels and "things to do". If you click on the things to do, it suggests you visit the "Botanical Gardens" in Washington VA.

Of course the Botanical Gardens are in Washington DC, and that's where the review is actually posted. We have really enjoyed visiting Winchester and I really like TA so I don't want any potential visitors to be disappointed. I;m planning on Trying the Virginia Arboretum just outside Winchester and will post a review but I just had to laugh about the DC botanical garden being in the Guide

I did report it to TA so perhaps they will fix it. The odd thing is that the Things to Do link on the Left side does not have this error, just the Winchester Guide

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Funny mistake in Winchester Guide

I bet you anything it is supposed to be for the VA State Arboretum there on route 17, not the Botanical Gardens in Washington, D.C. I say this because the information says it is roughly 10 miles from "city center" which is accurate for the distance to the Arboretum from the middle of Winchester. (More or less.)

So the mistakes are wrong town, (Winchester, not Washington) and wrong name.

Do report back on the Arboretum. Never been, but driven by many times. The one review in there is clearly someone who was in D.C.

Washington DC...
reviews: 51
2. Re: Funny mistake in Winchester Guide

Gee, someone from TA needs to do a lot of cleanup! They have the PawPaw tunnel 11 miles away in Cumberland, MD.

No, it is about 40 miles away from Winchester, in PawPaw, and Cumberland is over 60 miles away (via windy roads!).

There is a lot of funny going on...

3. Re: Funny mistake in Winchester Guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, March 24, 2011