We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lima, Ohio
reviews: 5
Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Wow....so much info and research into planning a great Williamsburg vacation. Glad I have you guys. I just started looking into prices for purchasing tickets. When I did a hotel/ tickets package vs booking the hotel stay myself and the tickets separately, the price came up much cheaper for me to book my hotel stay directly and purchasing my bounce tickets myself rather that buying the package that contains both from the Visit Williamsburg website. Are these packages priced higher and you are paying for convenience? I assumed they would be cheaper since they are advertised as a "package deal". Am wondering if I am looking at this incorrectly. Thanks!

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
reviews: 48
1. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Yes, you're paying for "convenience" and generally you'll do it less expensively by doing it on your own.

Lima, Ohio
2. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Thank you...I did a double take when the price came up much higher with the package since a package deal is usually a "deal". I can cross that consideration off my list.

reviews: 64
3. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

what website did you view these package deals?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
4. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Visit Williamsburg - http://www.visitwilliamsburg.com/

Lima, Ohio
5. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Yes, that is the site I was using.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 1
6. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

We are going at the end of March, when business is slow, and found several great deals at the official Colonial Williamsburg hotels. I used the website www.colonialwilliamsburg.com, and I booked the Revolutionary Experience package including the room, free breakfast, and Colonial Williamsburg tickets for LESS than the price of the room alone at Williamsburg Woodlands. The Stay and Play Free package at the Williamsburg Lodge offers each guest (up to 2) a free round of golf or free spa experience (massage or facial) for each night of stay for the same price as the room alone. I'm considering cancelling reservations we have elsewhere for later in the week to come back so I can go to the spa while my husband golfs.

Peabody...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

funny im doing same research but i am finding packages are a bit better...as they give you parking at busch and water country and 1 dinner per ticket bought....in my book thats a savings and its still cheaper than if i booked same hotel on my own and bought bounce ticket off the visitwilliamsburg.com site.....

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
8. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Parking is already included in the Bounce Pass, but the dinner may tilt the balance somewhat. The Bounce Pass is available for $20 less per pass on the Busch Gardens website.

I have done analysis in previous years, and the Bounce Pass (purchased through BG or CW) plus the 4-site Jamestown/Yorktown ticket has always come out to be less than buying the Flex Pass on the VisitWilliamsburg.com site.

The major variable in most packages is the hotel. However you can get the best deal, go for it! You really do have to do your own research and figure out what's best for you and your family.

reviews: 64
9. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

Coleen B where did you book your vacation through?

10. Re: Hotel package vs.purchasing accomodations & tickets seperate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2015