We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
reviews: 2
Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Our family of four (including 16 yr son and 13 yr daughter) are planning to visit Williamsburg in late April for a week. We are looking for a nice place to stay that is close (hopefully walkable) to the majority of historical attractions, and that has a separate bedroom for the kids (with two beds in the kids room). We do not own a timeshare so that is not an option. We like nice accomodations and are willing to pay more for a nicer place. Since I am not familiar at all with the area, I would appreciate any suggestions.

Beverly...
reviews: 4
1. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Hi,

Just as an FYI you do not need to own a timeshare to stay at a timeshare resort. They offer accomodations to anyone. A really upscale resort is Kingsmill and they offer transportation all over the area.

Are you going to drive down? I live in MA and heading to Williamsburg with my husband and little girls over school break. I haven't decided yet whether to fly or attempt the 10 hour drive with a 7 and 4 year old. I didn't have to worry about where to stay because my parents are military retirees and we are staying with them at a local base.

New Hampshire
reviews: 2
2. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

We live in NH and will drive down so we will have a car. We want to stay at a place where we can walk to the attractions as we will not all want to go to the same place at the same time, plus my husband will need a place where he can use his laptop during the day if he needs to sneak in a few hours of work. We expect that when we visit Busch Gardens or go out to eat we will be using the car.

It is very important that we have a suite with separate rooms as we do not all want to stay in the same room together.We would also want a hotel with nice grounds and places to relax at the end of the day.

Beverly...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

My sister booked her trip to Williamsburg last year through AAA. If you are members I would go to your local office. I agree with you on the having separate sleeping and living areas. I also enjoy having basic cooking facilities to prepare picnic lunches and simple breakfasts. My kids are young so we try to limit our time in restaurants.

Good luck with your search and definitely ask again on this post if you have a couple choices you need help with. Are you planning to do the drive all in one day or are you going to break it up?

I am trying to figure out a half way point to spend the night.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
reviews: 60
4. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

You might want to check on the Wyndham timeshare rental options. These locations are only a few minutes drive away from the CW visitor center. Yes, it will mean more driving, if you split up, but you won't waste a lot of time shuttling about in the car. Otherwise, you are looking at CW properties.

Washington DC...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

We are going to Williamsburg in March and staying at the Williamsburg Lodge, which is within walking distance to Colonial Williamsburg.

Alburtis...
reviews: 43
6. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Are there any nice places that are under $100 for the night?

Washington DC...
7. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

When are you traveling? Did you search hotels on this website?

Alburtis...
8. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

We are looking at June22-29th and all the ones that have good reviews are $125 a night plus, which is out of our budget right now :(

Alburtis...
9. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Tried to edit but it times out...we need a room for 5, 2 adults and 3 kids, ages 5, 10, 13.

Washington DC...
10. Re: Nice place to stay In Williamsburg - family with teens

Tracey11474, I also tried researching hotels and villas for the time you are looking for, but I couldn't find anything in your price range. You might want to consider staying for a shorter period of time and that way you could pay a little bit more per night.