We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

Which Williamsburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bradenton, Florida
reviews: 256
King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

I visited Kings Creek in October'11. These people are masters of

"deceptive marketing practices". I was duped into a timeshare transaction believing the sales associate about the vacation package tied to the timeshare purchase. Once I was able to find out about the vacation packages, they were actually only last minute specials rarely available it was too late to cancel the transaction. I had financed the timeshare with a in house Kings Creek loan so I am defaulting on the loan to get out of it. I am losing my deposit, all because of lies told by sales associate. I have reported them to the BBB, The Virginia Attorney General. Both the BBB and the Attorney General want to hear from you so charges of "Decptive Marketing Practices" . They have several complaints and want more so they can help stop this corrupt company. James 99946

26 replies to this topic
Charlottesville, VA
reviews: 1
1. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Bradenton, Florida
2. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

That is for sure, but it is too bad you cannot trust people. Someday they will

be judged.

Washington DC...
3. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

We just escaped their tactics today. A particular bold faced lie was that today was the only day they could offer us the package because of certain tax benefits they would receive (when I asked for a day to think about it). I asked our accountant about this and he had zero knowledge of any such regulation. Not only that, but the price they quoted for us for a 2 bedroom unit went from 20K to approx 11 K to a final 6k when we said no and were about to leave. I feel so sorry for those folks who agreed to 20k for a package we were then offered at nearly a 1/4 of the price. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!

Bradenton, Florida
4. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

It is incredible such businesses are allowed to prevail. State of Virginia must update their real estate law to prevent such practice. The "buyer beware" of yesterday has dissapeared from most states but not from Virginia. Full discloser must be enforced. Kings Creek must be stopped.

Richmond, Virginia
5. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

I wish I had read this article before taking my trip to Kings Creek. We did the exact thing you did. We were shown great promises of vacations for $149.00 per week, but weeks later, when we were given our # to access it- it was exactly as you said- last minute deals by a travel agency. I am sick to my stomach that I allowed myself to be swindled into this. I too have probably lost my $1073.00 deposit, but I will not pay another dime. I will default on the loan. I do not understand how places like this can continue to do business. We were lied to for 3 1/2 hours - by several different people....now I sit here disgusted with myself. My husband and I travel a lot so we thought this was a good way to do it. Please do not fall for this ....

Bradenton, Florida
6. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

I am sorry for your loss. I was mad at myself too, but these people at Kings Creek are master's in deception. For 3-4 months you will get letters from King's Creek and the bank they work with and then communication with them will finally stop. Also report Kings Creek actions to Interval, the company Kings Creek works with. Interval says they do not like this type of behavior and they have told me they will sever ties with Kings Creek is this behavior continues. Please report them. Also report them to the Better Business Bureau. Just pray Kings Creek will be awarded some day.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
7. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

cgmason, can you dispute it through your credit card if that's how you paid? I wonder if there's a class action suit going on? Thanks for the heads up. That alone is helpful. Keep spreading the facts.

Richmond, Virginia
8. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

I wrote a check. Bam. Gone.

Dinwiddie
reviews: 14
9. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

I have been an owner at KCP for 5 years. We have had some bad experiences with some of the salesman. But the KCP people that are there every year are wonderful people. We have always used our week at KCP, not with an exchange, but have been satisfied. They are a little slow with the new amenities they promise, like the water park. That's just been my experience.

Richmond, Virginia
10. Re: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"

Thank you for that. We want it to work. Have you used any of the specials through ICE?

Reply to: King's Creek Timeshare, "Deceptive Marketing Practices"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted