We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warrenton and Sterling work: Where to stay?

Which Warrenton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Greensboro, North...
2 posts
Warrenton and Sterling work: Where to stay?

I'll be in Warrenton on a Monday and Sterling the next day then driving back down to North Carolina -- need a hotel suggestion (have expense account). Also, my mother will be hanging around while I work so suggestions for restaurants and thing to do are also appreciated. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Amissville, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Ocracoke
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Warrenton and Sterling work: Where to stay?

Hampton Inn in Warrenton is a good location there are several chain restaurants very close by

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,669 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Warrenton and Sterling work: Where to stay?

Are you looking for one hotel for two nights (a night prior to Warrenton and a night prior to Sterling), or just the one night between Warrenton and Sterling? Also, what is your budget on your expense account?

Assuming one night between Warrenton and Sterling, there are many very good hotels near Dulles Airport, which is just south of Sterling and about 40 minutes from Warrenton depending on traffic. If it fits your budget the Marriott Westfields south of Dulles is very nice. If it doesn't fit your budget there are probably two dozen other choices at more affordable price points that will work for you geographically.

Assuming two nights, I'd probably spend one night in Warrenton and one night closer to Sterling. I wouldn't stay in Warrenton and plan to drive to Sterling in the morning on a week day, because the AM rush traffic on that route can be soul crushing when heading North / East.

Reply to: Warrenton and Sterling work: Where to stay?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Warrenton