We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frist time visitor

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CANADA
reviews: 2
Frist time visitor

I have never been to Virginia Beach. Where is the best place to stay for a family with 3 kids under 4. I would like central and on the beach.

Altoona...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Frist time visitor

With the younger children, you may want to consider the Chick's beach area of VB which is actually on the Chesapeake Bay if your primary focus is beach time. The wave action is generally much gentler in that area. You are about 15- 20 minutes away from the Resort (Boardwalk) area however. There is also a lot less traffic in that area, as well as a lot less traffic in the Sandbridge area which is about 20 -30 minutes south of the boardwalk in a primarily residential area with wide natural beachesw, no boardwalk and much fewer people. In the resort area the ceter of the boardwalk area is going to be the busiest with the shops on Atlantic and the Beach Street USA performers being concentrated in that area. We generally rent a house in Sandbridge so I really can't comment to the hotels Location wise, at least with respect to the beach, if you are on Atlantic Avenue they are all pretty much the same and teh each along the 3 mile boardwalk is all pretty much the same. A lot is going to depend on what you are looking for, indoor pool, outdoor pool, suite or single room etc.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
2. Re: Frist time visitor

If you want to be central, then you probably don't want Chicks Beach or Sandbridge, neither of which have hotels anyway.

Do you have a budget in mind? Or features you hope to enjoy?

If you haven't done so already, you could read a variety of discussions posted under the Top Questions About VB, in particular the one about the best part of the beach.

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
reviews: 135
3. Re: Frist time visitor

If you want "central" you want to be in the boardwalk area. There is plenty of this to do for both kids and adults.

If you give a price range, we can help you out some more.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
4. Re: Frist time visitor

Have you looked into VB's Canada Weeks? I can find out when they are if you like.

In the upper right hand corner here is Questions About Virginia Beach. Click on the one about the boardwalk. Click on the one highlighted then. Wendy and I and others contributed to the many things along the boardwalk to do, see and take great pictures. A sort of retro amusment park has rides move to 15th and boardwalk in the summer. It is also a block or two away. You can check whether the price is worth it for, perhaps, your older little ones according to their ages.

The Beach Street events are fun for families. There are jugglers, stiltwalkers, auditioned music performers, etc. There are fireworks set off from a barge off 20th St. and the beach.

In VB the boardwalk has festivals and lots of people walking and skating and the winding landscaped 2 lane bicycle path beside it is great for the bicycles of all kinds ... regular, tandem, recumbent, with various attachments to carry small children and dogs! And we enjoy the surries which also come in a few sizes. These can be rented.

Check out www.beachstreetusa.com and www.visitvirginiabeach.com for activities during your stay time, fireworks dates, etc.

Very central and nice while being among the reasonably priced, and always very clean during our stays, is Capes Hotel at 20th. They offer Value Days throughout the summer as well. Check their website.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 8
5. Re: Frist time visitor

I agree with Bud Y. Check out Sandbridge. Houses or Condos. Siebert or Sandbridge Realty. Best place for family vacations. Not central, but a short drive to all that stuff.

6. Re: Frist time visitor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 17, 2014