We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia...
Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

Hi,

I am planning to travel to VA beach this thanksgiving mostly on 23rd Nov 2012 (friday) to 25th Nov 2012 (sunday), I would like to know if it gets too cold at the beach and if we will be able to enjoy the water. Also which beach(s) and attractions are a must see at VA beach.? This is going to be my first visit.

Thanks,

Ann

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
1. Re: Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

You might enjoy the water by standing on the sand or boardwalk, but you probably won't want to get in. It's brrrrr ~

If this is your first visit, you might want to stick to the part of the beach along the boardwalk because of the shops. Sandbridge and Croatan and North Beach are all residential.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

I don't think temperature wise it would be too different than Richmond. Leave some water on your porch a while a go stick your foot in it. Just joking...but not too much. Check out the 10 Questions here on the right..."What wil the weather be like" for more specifics.

You'll have the great lights along the three mile boardwalk, arching over, on the sand and on the hotel grass, some still and some animated.

If you don't mind coldish water you can walk along in it by the shoreline. It gets too cold for me. But you can still build castles if you have kids...or even adults. If it's sunny, you can still get some color. Be careful, it can burn too with the refection off the boardwalk, sand and water. My favorite time is when the temperature is changing and there's a fog over the holiday lights on the boardwalk.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
3. Re: Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

Here's the website for the lights. I think you can get in on the half price early rate. You can also find videos of them on youtube.

beachstreetusa.com/festivals/mcdonalds-holid…

virginia beach, va
reviews: 94
4. Re: Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

As the weather can be very if-y this time of year, an inside option is a good idea. A great visitor's spot is the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center at the south end of the beach. Spend several hours indoors and walking the marsh trails between to two buildings if the weather is nice. There is also an IMAX theater which is a fun experience.Check this site at www.virginiaaquarium.com.

5. Re: Virginia Beach for Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, December 16, 2013