We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

virginia beach or ocean city maryland

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ottawa
reviews: 8
virginia beach or ocean city maryland

good morning to all of you, taking myself ,wife and three toddlers to one of the places above,i need your thoughts on which would be more suitable, what would be different in beach, surf,, restaurants, acommdations,etc thanking you in advance ,paul l.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
1. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

To get started, you might look at the Top Questions in the box to your right, specifically "Should we go to Virginia Beach, Ocean City, or Myrtle Beach?"

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

Virginia Beach also offers Canada Weeks. Check out this link, page down and see if they have the prices for next summer:

visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/…

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
3. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

You can also type in just directly above these posts the name of one on the forum for the other. You will see lots of responses, some as recent as October for Ocean City of the Va forum. Beach comparison is a popular issue.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 60
4. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

With toddlers, VA Beach, hands down. Well, any time I happen to prefer VB. OC is just way too crowded for me. VB has plenty to do if you want to, along with playground equipment on the beach for the little ones, but it isn't as crowded so you can also have some quiet time.

With toddlers I would strongly suggest you consider the Sandbridge area of VB. Quieter and very family oriented.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
reviews: 97
5. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

VA Beach would absolutely be my preference. It is much cleaner and less crowded. There is also more to do in the VA Beach/Norfolk area if you tire of the beach scene. I went to Ocean City growing up but started going to VA Beach as a young adult and have returned several times. My last visit to OC a few years ago was a disaster; I don't care if I ever go back.

6. Re: virginia beach or ocean city maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 16, 2013