We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clarks Summit...
reviews: 32
Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

After much deliberation and research we decided to book our 2013 summer vacation at Sandbridge Beach. After several years in OBX we opted for the shorter drive and less traffic Sandbridge has to offer.

We are staying on Whiting Lane in a house named "Home Too" offered through Sandbridge Realty. I was wondering if anyone has any information to share about the house or the general area in Sandbridge.

I would also love to hear what nearby golf course everyone may recommend. There seems to be a better selection than we had in Corolla.

I appreciate everyone's earlier replies to my post it played a big part in our decision process.

Altoona...
reviews: 9
1. Re: Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

Unfortunately I'm not a golfer, but if you liked OBX, you'll love Sandbridge. We did Haterras Island two years and came back without looking back ;) Sandbridge is very much like Haterras, and from what I understand, Corolla, tho we've never been there. More residential, a few stores and restaurants in the immediate area, but everything else is convenient in Red Mill for Shopping and major groceries, and only 20 - 30 minutes to the resort area.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
2. Re: Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

Closest is Hell's Point. Others close by: Redwing Lake, Heron Ridge, Honey Bee, The Signature.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 9
3. Re: Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

I recommend Hells Point for golf. 5 min from SB. They give a discount to rental guests. Be sure to get tee time in advance for good starts. Check with your management company.

Clarks Summit...
reviews: 32
4. Re: Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

First let me start by saying I was a little apprehensive to reserve a house that had no reviews. You could tell by the photographs that 349 Whiting Lane was not your run of the mill beach house. It proved to be a luxurious and very accommodating vacation rental. I was pleasantly surprised how painless check-in was. I had become accustomed to the torture called “check in” at OBX. Sandbridge Realty has a great and efficient check in process, kudos to them. The house was meticulously maintained and was clean when we arrived.

The view from 349 Whiting Lane is miraculous. The Back Bay serves as the backdrop to a very serene and relaxing setting. Quality can be found in almost all amenities throughout the entire house. The gourmet kitchen with huge Viking Stove was put to good use all week long. The pool was utilized practically around the clock and was serviced twice by a pool maintenance contractor during our stay. They were even cognizant of adjusting the chlorine levels while we were at the beach so no one would be affected by the adjustment.

The house is equipped with an elevator. We did utilize it for luggage and stocking the huge kitchen and pantry. We had 8 children between 3 families. The house was so big and laid out so well we were able to have plenty of entertainment space for the adults. The boys in our group really enjoyed fishing right off the bulkhead and into the back bay. Enough fish were caught that it kept them busy all week. The walk to the beach was on average 6-8 minutes and was relatively painless, except for one fast moving thunderstorm that took part of our group by complete surprise. One thing to note: Do not leave any beach equipment on the beach at night. I made the mistake of leaving our EZ-Up frame on the beach overnight.(we always did this at OBX) The next morning I found it turned upside down with a summons warning wire tied to it. In the process of turning it upside down the beach patrol mangled one of the braces. Suffice it to say I was not a happy camper and think this should be communicated a bit better. My only other complaint was the house WIFI is in need of updating or repair. We constantly lost signal throughout the house and you know how it is now-a-days travelling with internet dependent children.

The owners of 349 Whiting Lane have done a great job of making all renters feel at home. Hence the house name “Home Too” . We certainly did feel right at home and would recommend this home to all of our friends and family. Thank You Home Too and Sandbridge Realty for a great vacation 2013.

And Thank You to all You Trip Advisors that took the time to fill us in on Sandbridge. It is greatly appreciated

5. Re: Sandbridge it is !! Whiting Lane "Home Too"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 11, 2014