We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving at the beach

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 2
Thanksgiving at the beach

I'm thinking of spending Thanksgiving at the the beach. I'm looking for suggestions on restaurants for dinner. Thanks

virginia beach, va
reviews: 94
1. Re: Thanksgiving at the beach

Our family has 'put our feedbag on' at Captain George's for a couple of years. It is a seafood buffet AND they put out all the traditional Thanksgiving food, as well. We usually go around 2 pm and that doesn't seem to be as busy as earlier or later in the day. We have not had a problem getting a good table and the food is amazingly good for a buffet. The extra benefit of having a seafood - fried shrimp, oysters rockafeller, scallops, etc as an 'appetizer' for the turkey, ham, creamed potaoes, corn on the cob extravaganza of traditional Thanksgiving is hard to beat. You can find the menu online (www.captaingeorges.com - see specials section) if you are interested in a buffet.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Thanksgiving at the beach

I understand McCormick and Schmick's, Mahi Mah's and Ruth Chris are open. I think Ruth Chris only has early afternoon/midday reservations left. Check opentable. That'll be easier since we don't know your preferred time and number dining.

Edited: 6:34 pm, November 20, 2012
Washington DC...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Thanksgiving at the beach

Thanks for all the info. Are retail stores on Atlantic Ave usually open on Thanksgiving day?

4. Re: Thanksgiving at the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, November 23, 2013