We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help choosing a resort...

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 25
Help choosing a resort...

We are considering coming to VA Beach in Dec/Jan. (New Year's Eve). We are looking at exchanging our Interval Timeshare and the following resorts are available...

Beach Quarters Resort

Boardwalk Resort Hotel & Villas

Ocean Beach Club

Any insight into which might be better in terms of central location, amenities, etc?

We are mid 30's couple, no kids. We'd like to stay somewhere within walking distance of restaurants, bars, etc. Something newer and clean is always preferable.

Also,

Any New Year's Eve events we should consider? I've looked around but nothing seems to be posted yet.

Thanks in advance!

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Well, among the three Ocean Beach Club is the newest. Have you checked your hotels here at the Hotels tab for pictures taken by real guest to give you an idea of how they look?

reviews: 25
2. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Thanks! Yep, I've looked at the reviews and pics. Still can't decide....I think we're leaning towards Ocean Beach Club.

Edited: 7:49 pm, September 23, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 33
3. Re: Help choosing a resort...

We've stayed at the Ocean Beach Club three times. It's our favorite Va Beach hotel. The location is good (out of the seedy commercial area) and it has amenities that kids love - arcade, nice indoor water area, etc. of the choices youve listed, I would definitely take OBC.

Have fun!

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 57
4. Re: Help choosing a resort...

OBC, definitely.

Fredericksburg...
reviews: 38
5. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Only one of those I have been to was the Boardwalk. It was okay overall but we wont stay there again. The rooms were a little on the small side but clean. There was a timeshare sales rep bugging us and being all fake nice every other time we walked into the building. I had to be a little bit direct with her after being polite the first four times she bugged us.

Orlean, Virginia
reviews: 1
6. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Heading to VA Beach staying at Ocean Beach Club for a much needed girls weekend in November, can't wait, will post pics when I return!

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 57
7. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Be aware that OBC also is a time share so they'll bug you about seeing their presentation, too.

reviews: 6
8. Re: Help choosing a resort...

I'm so glad to see this question posted!! I plan on being in VA Beach for the first time on New Year's Eve as well. Please keep me posted on any events in the area for NYE celebrations. We are a couple in our 50's and will be with another couple in their 20's. We'd love to go someplace with a nice dinner and dancing to a variety of music.

Also, any suggestions what we can do there at that time of year? And, I'm wondering what "Onee L" meant by the "seedy commercial area"

Altoona...
reviews: 8
9. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Based on where OBC is located on Boardwal Strip area, I would assume the 'seedy commercial area' would be best described as the 'tourist shop area' The central part of the resort area on Virginia Beach is the busier tourist/gift/beach shopping area. I have yet to se any part of VB that I would describe as 'seedy commercial' as in dark dingy industrial area. The North and South ends just have a lot fewer of the tourist type shops selling t0shirts and trinkets. Not trying to speak for OneeL but that would be my interpretation. Nowhere on Atlantic is the resort area is what I would call seedy, there are areas with more tourist traffic and clubs.

reviews: 6
10. Re: Help choosing a resort...

Thanks Bud.