We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Myersville, MD
Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

I'm considering this listing from Siebert Realty for next year's vacation. Hard to tell the actual condition of the place from the realtor's website. Can anyone familiar with the area advise?

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

It has that wide public access area beside it. I wonder if it still has that great sea serpent made out of driftwood in front of the house...full width of the house. Kids might think it's cool.

Myersville, MD
2. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

Does the public access area mean there will be streams of people passing all day, or that the beach will be crowded at that spot?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 48
3. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

I wouldn't say "streams." But yeah, it's where people who are staying in the houses near there will pass to get to the beach. Day-trippers won't be using it because they'll go where they can park. So your beach won't be "crowded" but you can expect that people will plop down in front of your house.

Myersville, MD
4. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

Well, that's ok. I think it would be foolish to expect the beach in front of the house to be empty. After all, we're not renting a private island. As for the sea serpent, I guess I'm kind of a kid myself, since I like the idea of it. I hope it is still there.

My primary concern here is whether there's anything wrong with the house itself. I wish these realty websites provided renter feedback. That would be helpful, but given the way reviews tend to go rabid, I guess I can see why they don't. Thanks -

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 65
5. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

I haven't been in that exact house, but I know from experience that even during the most crowded weeks in the summer, that would be an awesome spot. You won't find it too crowded at all. The beach won't be empty, but by no means crowded right there.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
6. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

Mom, I just checked and google maps does show that sea serpent. So funny. Go to google.com or google maps and type in the address. I think the picture will come up small on the left margin and you can just click that. But, if not, click on the little gold figure on the zoom in feature and drag him to the bulb on your address on the map. The street view will come up.

The circle in the upper left of the frame can be worked for a 360 view. You'll see the serpent in front streetside....and come to think of it you'll also be able to see that public...or as Wendy clarifies...neighborhood access as well.

Altoona...
reviews: 12
7. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

The neighborhood access points never get real busy. They are distributed fairly often down the length of the beach, so at any one access there are only the immediate residences using them, and since there is no parking on the street, day use is pretty much at the center of the beach where parking is available in municipal lots. I believe when we were down in early June, the serpent structure was still there but I won't swear to that one specifically LOL, saw several constructs of varying types when riding through.

Myersville, MD
8. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

Thank you so much for your comments. Hooray for nutty stuff like driftwood sea serpents in the front yard!

Richmond, VA
9. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

I have rented this house for the week of 9/29 to 10/6/12. I will report back!

Millersville...
reviews: 1
10. Re: Sandbridge rental - 3524 Sandfiddler "Leg a' Sea"

we have this house 15 - 22 sept - will let you know what it's like