We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SpringHill Suites

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buffalo, New York
reviews: 24
SpringHill Suites

We are staying at SpringHill Suites in August, however, recent review posts regarding the hotel have me a little concerned. Can anyone offer insight as to whether the hotel is still as desirable as in the past? It was always consistently highly rated for cleanliness and housekeeping, but some reviews are casting doubt on our choice. Thanks.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: SpringHill Suites

Well, I'll tell you we have stayed there but always on the splurgy side because we felt cramped in the smaller studios. We like the 800 sq ft one with the dedicated, walled, doored bedroom. Just fits our needs better. We haven't had problems. However, we don't often have much for breakfast; if we're around a pool, it's usually the outside one and we have not needed to count on much of a meal there. We always felt it was clean. So we didn't have some of these issues I just saw expressed. But then, in between, others had no problems.

Buffalo, New York
2. Re: SpringHill Suites

Thanks Explorer. I was hoping you would offer a reply. You obviously have a ton of knowledge about the hotels in VA Beach. I think that we will just keep with our reservations at SpringHill and hope for the best. As I was reading the reviews, I was hoping that it was a combination of busy time of year and "can't please all the people all of the time", rather than a slide in hotel standards. Especially when you are paying >$300 a night! Thanks again for the quick reply.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
3. Re: SpringHill Suites

Yes, I agree with you. I hope you have a great time. And do report back with how it went.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 44
4. Re: SpringHill Suites

I was really surprised at the reviews because SpringHill is usually very consistent for good quality. I had hoped most of the negative reviews were from one-post wonders but they weren't, which is really disturbing. But I would trust the brand and go anyway.

Ashburn, Virginia
reviews: 65
5. Re: SpringHill Suites

I haven't been there for 2 years, but have stayed there twice and would gladly stay there again. It is one of the nicer hotels on the beach!

Edited: 5:37 pm, July 11, 2012
Buffalo, New York
6. Re: SpringHill Suites

I also checked with my local AAA planner. She said that AAA is still recommending the property and making reservations there. I do agree with you though regarding the multiple bad reviews. I will post back after we stay and let you know how it goes. Hopefully, glowing reports!!

Buffalo, New York
7. Re: SpringHill Suites

Hi....we stayed at the SpringHill August 8 - August 12, so I thought I would report back on how it went. Overall, I was very pleased with the hotel, and would not hesitate to stay there again. Compared to a Hampton, it did feel a little more cramped with the wall dividing the bed and living area, but we weren't in the room long enough to be affected. The negatives (and I am being really picky): there was a previously used dish cloth in the microwave when we arrived (yuck!), someone's used pool towel on the chair on the balcony (yuck again!), some dust/dirt accumulated in the frame around the bathroom mirror, and a little bit of black something in the caulk around the tub (maybe an inch long, which I made sure was covered by the shower curtain). Also, I wouldn't have been comfortable on the pull out sofa. The mattress was pretty thin, but ok for my 11 year old. The bedding was very clean, and the pillows were comfortable. I didn't see any dirt in the tub or sink, and the shower curtain was clean. The breakfast was fine (don't care for powdered eggs myself, so skipped those). We enjoyed the outdoor pool, but don't know how they monitor the "SpringHill guests only" rule. I think that if we stayed at the Hampton Inn next door, we could have used the pool with no problem. The breakfast area was very crowded, and they NEED a different toaster. A 4 slice toaster oven just does not cut it for all those people, and contributed to the morning log jam. All that being said however, I didn't agree with some of the prevous bad reviews, and would stay here again. I might want to give the Hampton a shot, but if not available, would have no problem staying here.

Altoona...
reviews: 9
8. Re: SpringHill Suites

Glad it went well for you! Sounds like most of the issues were maybe just rushed housekeeping missing the details, but sounds like they got the important stuff covered!

9. Re: SpringHill Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 19, 2013