We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 82
"Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

Hi

My friends and our families are considering renting Tackle Box in VB for a week in August 2012. I was wondering if anyone has stayed in this house and had any recommendations,

Also read a lot of negative opinions of Siebert Realty. Are they really that bad?

Is there a better company we should consider renting from?

thank you

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
1. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

It's really a shame that Siebert and Sandbridge realty companies keep getting bad-mouthed in the forum. Much of what you read is put there by trolls who have nothing better to do than practice their writing skills in places like this. For me, the first red flag is it's a one-time poster -- they sign up for TA and post an exhaustive review on the same day. Second red flag is the review is a laundry-list of horrors. Third red flag is the person posting rarely joins the conversation afterwards. I'm sure there have been problems with vacation rentals, but Siebert and Sandbridge always respond. Maybe the response isn't what the customer wanted. The companies represent the homeowner, not the renter, so for example, if the customer asks for a refund, that's up to the homeowner. Rest assured, Siebert is a fine company.

Ottawa, Canada
2. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

Ended up booking a condo with Sanctuary Realty....beautiful looking condo!

A-423 The Mac Shack! Cannot wait to go!

Carlisle...
reviews: 1
3. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

This post is by a family who recently returned to PA from our 1st visit from Sandbridge, VA. We have vacationed in the Outer Banks for 15 years and in Delaware and have rented many beach homes over the years. We have never stayed in a property so misrepresented on a website. Ocean Heart

At first appearance the house seemed to be okay, but as many things were wrong as right. And it never got better as the week continued.

The property we rented was in disrepair - beds that broke (my daughter had a large goose egg on her shin from it), broken lock on door with sheets/towels locked inside and unaccessible until the 2nd day of our arrival, dirty hot tub, black mold on the air vents or holes in the wall and no vents at all. Old, broken chairs, dock unstable. Broken coffee pot. I could go on. The realty company, Sandbridge Realty, seemed to be responsive and apologetic, but not enough to turn things around or make our vacation okay. We had to make many phone calls right after our arrival, and almost everyday thereafter about one issue or another. We are not a difficult family, just wanted the same nice, clean place we saw advertised on the internet.

We were told they had numerous complaints about this house and the owner, but continue to rent it (and the price goes up considerably after May!). The house could be nice if they would take care of all the problems. The pool guys came 2x - the second time after a 2nd complaint about the hot tub - they said they filter was filthy, but they did not have a replacement. They cleaned it and put it back in. I came home with a skin rash. We told them it was a liability risk to continue renting this house before getting everything taken care of, but found out they put another family in the afternoon after we left.

They acted in a professional manner and offered us small reimbursement and a voucher (which we will never use because we don't plan on returning). We recommended the realty company take over complete control of the house maintenance or refuse to rent the house. It is not ethical to rent houses in this condition to people who work hard all year for a one week vacation that goes badly.

The town itself, beach, restaurants and stores are great, but because of our experience we will not return.

I have nothing to gain or lose by posting this. I only want to spare others from the same type of experience.

Boston
4. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

I have used both Siebert & Sandbridge with no problems.

Kansas City...
5. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

I'm looking to rent a house on Virginia Beach from Sept.3 thru Sept 10th that has at least 4 bedrooms with King or Queen beds, ocean front, pool? linen package, bbq grills and possible rec room. I'm traveling with 8 adults for a weeks getaway and have never been to this area. Any suggestions?

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
6. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

My suggestion is to post your own NEW question rather than tag on to a post that is (1) OLD and (2) irrelevant to your request. Frankly, I almost didn't read this when I saw the original post was so old, and I'm easy -- I read everything.

Ottawa, Canada
7. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

We ended up renting a condo at Sanctuary Realty on Sandbridge Beach. Great place

Columbus
8. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

I have rented the Tackle box 3 times and our family loves it. Each year we cant wait to return. We also were told that they have done a complete overhaul on the place this past spring. Where else can you go to rent a house that sleeps so many people, and has so many accomodations. Arriving with linens provided and beds made is a definate plus. The pool is one of the larger pools in the vacation houses in the area, and the dock and the canoe provide hours of fun. We try to take care of the place as if it were our personal vacation home and hope others do too, so the quality of the house can continue, also, Siebert Realty is the management company we rent from, not sandbridge realty, so you should get your facts straight.

9. Re: "Tackle Box" in Virginia Beach with Siebert Realty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, May 04, 2014