We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching??

Which Virginia Beach hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vienna, Virginia
reviews: 54
Whale watching??

One of the B&B's has a special which includes a 2-hour whale watching trip. Can you really find whales in February and March off Virginia Beach??

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
1. Re: Whale watching??

Apparently so. The Chesapeake Bay supposedly is rich in food for migrating whales, but I'm not a whale so I can't speak from first-fin knowledge. The Virginia Marine Science Museum advertizes whale-watching tours late December through mid-March, and I trust them. However, sightings are not guaranteed.

reviews: 100
2. Re: Whale watching??

There was just an article in the Virginian Pilot this week about how the sightings of whales has been up lately due to our mild weather! I don't know of any other group besides the Aquarium that does them. And they highly recommend that you dress warmly. There is an inside heated cabin but the wind can be brutal.

reviews: 100
3. Re: Whale watching??

Didn't mean to be confusing - the Marine Science Museum is in the process of changing its name to the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center (too wordy for me!)

here's the website for the boat trips

http://www.vmsm.com/excursions.html