We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

35 Day Road Trip Atlanta GA to New England

Which Staunton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Blueys Beach...
reviews: 179
35 Day Road Trip Atlanta GA to New England

I have posted my entire 35 day trip report on the Road Trips forum for those interested in reading my complete "volume".

DAY 11 May 15 – STAUNTON, VIRGINIA- INN AT OLD VIRGINIA

We drove from Boone to Staunton, Virginia and eventually had to abandon the Blue Ridge Parkway for the sake of time. We stopped for lunch in the town of Buchanan, Virginia and had lunch at the 1950’s style Buchanan Grille.

We were recipients of true gracious hospitality when we stayed with Ellen at the Inn at Old Virginia and drove into Staunton for dinner at Byers Street Bistro. Reviews on tripadvisor. En route to WASHINGTON DC we walked the mall in Charlottesville where I bought locally crafted artisan silver and amethyst earrings.

NEXT STOP WASHINGTON, DC!

2 replies to this topic
Mississippi
reviews: 9
1. Re: 35 Day Road Trip Atlanta GA to New England

Staunton is a great city to visit. I have been reading your TR's. Thanks for taking the time to write such great reports. Good luck and come back again soon.

Blueys Beach...
reviews: 179
2. Re: 35 Day Road Trip Atlanta GA to New England

Unfortunately we didn't have more time for this area as we included Washington DC and had to find some extra days. My son is a winemaker and spent a few months with his family some years ago working near Charlottesville. This influenced me to include the Blue Ridge Parkway in our itinerary which tied in perfectly with my desire to visit the South. At least we got to drive through the area which was a delight! I appreciate your feedback it's nice to know I'm not writing in a vacuum!

Edited: 7:23 pm, July 15, 2012
Reply to: 35 Day Road Trip Atlanta GA to New England
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted