We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

Which Staunton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falls Church, VA
reviews: 9
The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

My mother and I will be in Staunton for one night and are torn between staying at the Miller House or the Inn at Old Virginia. The rooms at the Inn at Old Virginia seem a bit smaller for the cost. and seems to be a bit further away from the town where everything is located. Which B&B would you recommend?

5 replies to this topic
reviews: 2
1. Re: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

Some, one will give you links that are unsolicited and project them as fact but here is the truth. I've not stayed at at either B&B but location may be the biggest issue. The Miller is easy walking distance to all Staunton has to offer. Historic homes, nationally renowned dining and The American Shakespeare Theater.

On the otherhand the Inn is close to town yet offers a beautiful rural setting that exemplifies Shenandoaha living imho. You will have to drive or hire transportation from there and be aware, Staunton parking will still require you to walk.

If you can give your interests, I'll try to make suggestions for your brief stay.

Falls Church, VA
2. Re: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

We want to go to dinner while we are there and possibly somewhere we can enjoy a nice bottle of wine. Maybe also do some shopping or walking around to see the area. The rural setting at the Inn sounds very appealing and the woman who runs the Inn has been more flexible about doing breakfast earlier to accommodate our early departure (8:30). The room that fits in our budget however seems a bit smaller than the room that we can afford at the Miller House (queen bed vs. king bed as well).

The Miller House looks beautiful and seems to be situated in a great location if we decide we want to spend most of our time in town. They aren't as flexible with their breakfast time so we would have to eat and then rush out the door which I'm not too pleased about. They also don't have a television in their rooms but I'm not exactly sure if we would need one if there is enough to do in the town.

3. Re: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

Of course only you can decide which suits you best. I'll assume you've already done the research and have narrowed your choices to these two , but there are other B&B's in the area.

If Staunton is a must, another option is the Stonewall Jackson Hotel. Staying there would put you right in the middle of the historic district and give you a bit more flexibility with regards to breakfast. My personal favorite for breakfast is a local diner type restaurant named Kathy's. It's a nice, clean eatery with southern cooking and good old Virginia hospitality. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain good food.

http://www.visitstaunton.com/

www.stonewall-jackson-hotel.com/…

http://www.stauntonweb.com/kathys.html

http://stauntonyum.com/menus/

The last link is just a sampling of what's available. Those menus are from this year's restaurant week which was a big hit!

Edited: 7:49 pm, May 05, 2011
Falls Church, VA
4. Re: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

Thank you for all the information. Kathy's looks perfect for breakfast!

5. Re: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???

I'm glad to help. Please report back on your experiences in Staunton. I'm sure you and your mother will be delighted.

Reply to: The Miller House OR the Inn at Old Virginia???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted