We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very good new Indian restaurant just opened

Which Staunton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Staunton, Virginia
reviews: 63
Very good new Indian restaurant just opened

Taste of India has just opened in Staunton, on New Street just below Johnson.

Ate their last night, and the food was excellent. Had lamb curry, shrimp tandoori masala, nan, and meat samosa as an appetizer.

Very long menu, with lots of choices.

Compares very favorable with Milan in Charlottesville.

Has a Harrisonburg location, too.

Service was earnest but a little spotty -- but they just opened.

3 replies to this topic
1. Re: Very good new Indian restaurant just opened

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, June 07, 2012

Staunton, Virginia
2. Re: Very good new Indian restaurant just opened

my husband & i love indian food. when we first moved to staunton a little of 2 years ago the only option was returning to charlottesville because staunton did not have indian food! however, taste of india opened last fall & has been a wonderful addition to downtown staunton...we eat there often & have never been disappointed-(well, a little rocky the first month or so) but now it's fabulous!...especially the chicken marsala! we continue to hope that staunton will attract additional ethnic restaurants. gotta check it out-you'll be glad you did!

reviews: 2
3. Re: Very good new Indian restaurant just opened

I just looked over the menu and they do indeed offer many choices. Liking spicey Indian food, I hope their vindaloo is as good as what I'm used to having when I lived in the DC area. I to like chicken masala and see they offer many naan choices as well.

I'll be sure to try it soon. Thanks for the posting!

Reply to: Very good new Indian restaurant just opened
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted