We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best lodging in Staunton?

Which Staunton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fl
reviews: 2
Best lodging in Staunton?

Will be in Staunton sometime the first week of July. Where is the best place to stay in Stauton?

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
reviews: 136
1. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

By the best place, do you mean the best hotel? If so---here's a list of 3-diamond properties in Staunton:

Best Western Staunton Inn

The Belle Grae Inn and Restaurant (Historic Country Inn)

Comfort Inn

Frederick House (Historic small-scale hotel)

Hampton Inn

Holiday Inn Golf & Conference Center

Quality Inn Conference Center

Louisiana
reviews: 40
2. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

I will be in Staunton this weekend staying at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel. Since it is downtown, many restaurants etc are in walking distance. I can let you know about my stay when I return.

I also have friends staying at the Best Western. I will get their comments also.

Louisiana
reviews: 40
3. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

Stonewall Jackson Hotel was awesome. It's located blocks (walking distance) of many restaurants and coffee houses. Our room was a king in the older section which means the room is irregular shaped but we had lots of space. We had a corner room on the 5th (top) floor. The bed and linen were superior. Room was nicely decorated and very clean. The only problems (any I would consider them minor) were the slow wireless internet and elevators. I would recommend this hotel to all. You will love Staunton!

Fl
reviews: 2
4. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

Have some points I could use at the Hampton. Has anyone ever stayed at the one in Staunton? Or, at another Hampton in any of the cities close to Stauton.

Houston
reviews: 26
5. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

I realize your trip has come and gone, but for future reference, my wife and I just completed a 6 night stay at the Inn at Old Virginia. We think it's the best lodging value for the money in Staunton. The room was very comfortable, had en suite bathroom, phone and cable TV. The inn is about a 5 minute drive from downtown Staunton, but you feel like you are out in the country. The breakfasts were awesome, and the breakfast room is a glass enclosed solarium with an east facing view of the Blue Ridge. The grounds were beautiful and there was plenty of parking. Eve, the proprietor, is very friendly. She really made us feel welcome.

I've stayed at several B&B's in the Staunton area, plus a couple of the usual chain hotels. All were nice, but I like Inn at Old Virginia the best.

Waynesboro Virginia
reviews: 21
6. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

We live near Staunton and our daughters go to school there. I would recommend the Choral Gardens B&B or the Frederick House. If you want a more traditional hotel experience, The Stonewall Jackson Hotel is great and is right downtown.

Looking at the B&B's listed on TripAdvisor, all of them are wonderful and so you can't go wrong!

Charlottesville
7. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

There are 3 great places in Staunton here if you don't want to stay in a hotel

…collegeweekends.com/browse_listings.aspx

Staying in a vacation rental is often a much better value if you have a group.

8. Re: Best lodging in Staunton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 22, 2010