We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with a 2 year old in Roanoke?

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 105
What to do with a 2 year old in Roanoke?

Hello. My sister, her husband, and their 2 year old son will be visiting us in Roanoke for the first time next weekend. We have only lived here a month, so we are not sure what to do with little tykes. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Roanoke, Virginia
1. Re: What to do with a 2 year old in Roanoke?

I have 3 kids <6y so here are my suggestions.

1. Mill Mountain Zoo is great for little kids. It's a small zoo, which is just enough to engage him for an hour and you can feel comfortable letting him run around. He may like the Zoo Choo too. I wouldn't go on a cold day though since it's up on the mountain.

2. Transportation Museum. Kids love to watch the train display and play inside the train engine and small jet. There is also a side-room with crayons, dress-up and wall magnets that he might enjoy. And of course seeing the trains out back is pretty cool.

3. Science Museum. My kids always love watching the fish in the aquariums on the ground level. Once inside the museum, the touch tank is fun as are most of the exhibits on the 5th floor. The Curiosity Corner has a fossil dig and puzzles that he may like to play with.

Virginia
reviews: 40
2. Re: What to do with a 2 year old in Roanoke?

Those are all great ideas. Here is one more - you might want to check out Green Ridge Recreation Center. It is open to the public (daily admission fee required) and offers lots of activities for adults and children. The indoor pool is great for kids and has a water slide.

Edited: 10:32 pm, February 17, 2014
3. Re: What to do with a 2 year old in Roanoke?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 19, 2015