We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet

We really want to bring our dog, but the only hotel we see is Mainstay suites and some of the reviews are calling out bedbugs. The wife has a phobia about those things.

Should we just leave the pup at home and go for something better?

A lot of the reviews are older. We will not have kids, and will not be eating in much.

Any tips would be helpful

3 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
1. Re: We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet

We settled on leaving the pup and staying at the Hyatt at Valley View

I left Roanoke in 2000 and moved to New Orleans. Since then Katrina moved us to Dallas. Have not been back home in a long time. What is new in town that a native should see?

Salem, Virginia
reviews: 7
2. Re: We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet

New? Well, there's the Taubman Art Museum near downtown Roanoke, although I have to admit that I have not been yet, but my daughter says it is quite nice.

You will find some things are no longer there, like Victory Stadium. Three is a new medical school that Carilion built near where Victory Stadium once was. That's all that comes to mind right now. Hope you enjoy your trip 'home'.

Ruckersville...
reviews: 62
3. Re: We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet

Thanks for deciding to leave you pet at home. I'm sure that they will be safer and happier in a familiar surronding than traveling to someplace foreign. You won't worry about them disturbing other travelers/guests at hotels or restaurants. You won;t have to worry about local ordanances about animal excrement , nor will you worry about them excaping from your room or vehicle when you are not around. Most all establishments in Virginia do not allow pets on the premesis (except service animals) I think that you will have a happier vacation/trip when they are taken care of elseware and you are not worring. Thanks again.

Reply to: We will be traveling to Roanoke for a week pet or no pet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted