We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested Stops

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
headingsouth
reviews: 194
Suggested Stops

Hello, We are driving down taking this route as follows 70 -> 340 -> 7 -> 81 all the way down to Roanoke. We plan on stopping at Natural Bridge. Any suggestions on good stops for lunch and any other interesting points of interest ? As far as lunch goes, we prefer good down home local food.

Thanks !

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 61
1. Re: Suggested Stops

It would be helpful to know where you are starting from~

headingsouth
2. Re: Suggested Stops

Coming from 70 North. Down to 340. West on 7. South on 81. We'll probably be ready to stop on or after 340. I would like any info on 340, 7 or 81.

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 61
3. Re: Suggested Stops

Dear neptunechic,

From where *you* live this probably makes some sort of sense to you.

Here in Virginia "70 North" means nothing.

Nor does "West on 7".

If you are asking people to take their time to *help you* by providing you information,

then you shouldn't think that they will take their valuable time to back track and hunt for a route off of I-81 on google maps until they find well known to *you* "route 7".

You could simply tell us the name of the town you are starting in.

As I have already asked.

If people ever wonder why some questions go unanswered, it's because some people are impossible to help.

Perhaps you should be asking this question on the board for the state that "70 North. Down to 340. West on 7." are actually located in.

Buh Bye and have fun on that trip now, Bless your little heart~

headingsouth
4. Re: Suggested Stops

Gotcha. I'll report what I see and do on the way

5. Re: Suggested Stops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 09, 2014