We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

Coming to Roanoke June 24-28 to drop my daughter off at a lacrosse camp. I am a busy Mom of teenagers who is looking forward to a few days of peace and quiet while she is away at camp. I am looking for a hotel that has nice anemiites and a good location. I need to be able to jog safely in the morning for about an hour. During the day, I would like to lay in the sun by a pool, hike the Applachian or other moderately difficult trail or go visit some wineries. At night, I want to veg in bed and watch movies on a nice TV. I can stay in Roanoke or am willing to drive to a nearby area to find the perfect retreat. I would be happiest if I could find this for less than $100/night but realize I may have to spend more so please give me ALL suggestions so I can sort through options. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!!!

roanoke, va
reviews: 35
1. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

Check out the Hotel Roanoke. It has the amenities you're looking for and a great location.

Virginia Beach...
reviews: 9
2. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

I stayed at the above mentioned Hotel Roanoke on business a few years ago. Very nice.

Fredericksburg...
reviews: 39
3. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

I have heard wonderful things about the Hotel Roanoke but have never gotten to stay there as it was booked solid on my last two trips to Roanoke. I have been to the Best western plus at Valley view once and found it to be quite nice and paid less than 80 dollars a night (before taxes). As I recall they have an indoor pool however. The Howard Johnson airport hotel was nasty and I will never stay there again. I think the BW is hard to beat for the combination of comfort, cleanliness and value. They have modern televisions and a little sanitizer lamp for the remote control which I thought was a nice touch. If you Identify yourself as a Tripadvisor member when you call to confirm they really roll out the red carpet for you.

…bestwestern.com/bestwestern/priceAvail.do…

Atlanta
4. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

Thanks for your comments! I will check out the Hotel Roanoke. I was hoping there might be some quaint small town accommodations in the mountains nearby or up near wineries but will prob stay in town if I don't get any more suggestions...

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
5. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

I've never stayed there, but you night like The Mountain Song Inn Bed and Breakfast in Floyd County. It's not far from Chateau Morrissette winery. Floyd is a really cool little town.

Atlanta
6. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

Thanks I will check it out!!!

7. Re: Hotel- HELP me find a nice relaxing stay in the area!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, July 02, 2014