We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denmark
reviews: 92
We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Hi

Will be very grateful with some advice about where the nearest hotel in this area are ?

Have been looking at maps and googled myself green the last couple of days and I keep getting two places very far from each other so now I thought I better ask if there is a hotel near this John H.Kerr Dam that You would recommend for a family of 2 adults and 2 children ?

Thank You in advance

Denmark
11. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

HI JT :-) yes, its a bit from the Orlando well we are going to start the trip in Orlando in Disney ;-) one week there

at that week my dh will take a daytrip to Miami with a buscompany

I am so into wine :-)

I need to google that other bridge You are talking about is that nearer to Roanoke ?

My husbond is sitting making his own list and has 20 places he wants to go look at mong of them is Johnstown where they have this inceliner , none of us liked the one in Chattanoga except my husbond so not sure why he want to bring us to see another one

Thats why I am thinking perhaps best to hold it more straith and go direct up to Roanoke

Explorer3 I would love to go in that direction since that would mean we where going to New York ;-)

But since You all probably have understood by now that my dh has some weird ideas and he has banned New York out of this trip :-(

so we need to go around if that make sence not backwards

We are staying in Savannah after Orlando then Myrtle beach then the plan was direct Roanoke until we discovered all this dams around ;-)

Denmark
12. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

oooh I love this one JT :-) seems really near Roanoke aswell

Denmark
13. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

here now :-) Thank You for all advices , can recommend it

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 68
14. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Hope you are having a wonderful time, Mutter.

Are you at Kerr Dam or Smith Mountain Lake?

Denmark
15. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Hi JT now we are back home :-) or :-(

We drove around the hole Kerr Dam reservoir ended up in Best Western Clarksville a funny little town like a cowboy town certainly a attraction for us , we stopped by the engineering military visitcenter and got lots of good advice it was a very beautiful area

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
16. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Glad you had a good time!

Brookneal, Virginia
reviews: 68
17. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)

I have not been to Clarksville in a few years so I have not seen how the down town area has fared since the new by pass routes most traffic around instead of through town.

Hope you husband liked the dams- turns out there are 5 dams on the Roanoke River- all in a 150 mile span.

They have created a lot of tourism for this part of Virginia as well as northern NC, for which we are thankful~ :)

Glad you are home safe and sound!

Denmark
18. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

Hi JT

My husbond like the dam very much I have made a review of the hotel with some photos , not all of course , but just a few .

It was a great area we thought and liked it very much

19. Re: We want stay near this place JOHN H. KERR RESERVOIR

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 am, November 16, 2014