We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice Help please

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falls Church...
reviews: 12
Hotel Choice Help please

I will being spending an afternoon and overnight in Roanoke in July. I will be alone and would like anyone's opinion regarding the choice of Cambria Suites, Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center and the Sheraton Conference Center. I am interested in close proximity to the historic district in downton and being able to safely walk there as a single female.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Roanoke, Virginia
reviews: 28
1. Re: Hotel Choice Help please

For walking to downtown, the Hotel Roanoke is the way to go. The Cambria is near downtown and is walkable on the greenway up Williamson Road, but is probably a good 15-20 minute walk and I wouldn't do it at night. There is a free trolley service that stops near the Cambria that goes downtown, though. The Sheraton is out near the airport so you would need to drive downtown. If visiting downtown and being able to walk everywhere downtown is a priority, I'd go with Hotel Roanoke.

roanoke, va
reviews: 35
2. Re: Hotel Choice Help please

I second the Hotel Roanoke. It's convenient to plenty of shops and restaurants downtown and you shouldn't have any safety issues.

Falls Church...
3. Re: Hotel Choice Help please

Thanks for taking the time to offer your help.

Falls Church...
4. Re: Hotel Choice Help please

Thank you. I had a feeling this was the best choice. I appreciate you taking the time to reassure me.

5. Re: Hotel Choice Help please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 06, 2014