We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Ridge Parkway

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 58
Blue Ridge Parkway

Hi,

We will be travelling parkway next week--Oct 8-12. We will be leaving from Boone heading up to SNP. Is it feasible to go from Boone to Roanoke or Lexington in day, making sightseeing stops along the way, but no hiking? Would then be going on to SNP next day.

THANKS for any help you can give me!!!

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
reviews: 113
1. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

kpass, I answered your message, post again if you have additional questions.

Happy trails

Michigan
2. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

Thank you so much!! That really helps!!

Would you stay in Roanoke or Lexington?

Virginia Beach...
Destination Expert
for Suffolk
reviews: 113
3. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

Depends on what you're looking for..........personally I would stay at The Peaks of Otter north of Roanoke (about milepost 86 on BRP). The lodge is spartan but clean, no TV, no phone, no clock radio, mostly no cell service, decent restaurant on site just make sure to arrive before it closes, dynamite views but of course you may be getting your fill of fabulous views by then. Roanoke/Salem area offers plenty of lodging choices. I'm not familar with hotels in Lexington. As a side note, if you were to stay at the Peaks of Otter, the National D-Day Memorial in Bedford is about a 20 minute drive. If you have any interest in WWII history, this should not be missed if your schedule permits (lots of TA reviews incl mine and I'm usually unwilling to spend time anywhere except on the trails) . Even if you stay in Roanoke, this could be a convenient stop, not so if you chose Lexington.

Enjoy your trip.

Michigan
4. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Florida
reviews: 63
5. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

I recommend the Peaks of Otter lodge also. That is where we stayed on our travels on the Blueridge parkway.

Florida
reviews: 63
6. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

I recommend the Peaks of Otter lodge also. That is where we stayed on our travels on the Blueridge parkway.

7. Re: Blue Ridge Parkway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 15, 2013