We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer.. is there enough to do in late February?

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
reviews: 12
First timer.. is there enough to do in late February?

I'm considering a 3-4 day trip to Roanoke in late February. I know weather is very unpredictable, but assuming the town isn't snowed under is there stuff to do this time of year? I'm mostly thinking good restaurants/bars and some shops. I'm looking at the Hotel Roanoke and would love things that are walking distance.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

roanoke, va
reviews: 35
1. Re: First timer.. is there enough to do in late February?

There's always something to do! Hotel Roanoke would be the best bet for accommodations since it will put you right downtown and smack in the middle the best choices for being able to walk to restaurants and shops. There a several great shops downtown, including lots of nice art galleries. If you like museums, there's the art museum, the science and history museums, the transportation museum, and the O. Winston Link museum. I'm sure there will be events going on, but right now it's too early to know what some of them may be (and I am blanking on any annual things, other than the symphony's valentine's performances, haha).

As far as restaurants, some of my favorites are downtown. For brunch, I'd recommend Thelma's Chicken and Waffles. For lunch, my favorites are Horizon, Macado's, and Fork in the City. For dinner, I'd recommend Table 50, Blue 5 (which also has live music many nights), or Alexanders. I know a lot of people who love the "scene" at Corned Beef & Co. and at Flanary's Pub, for drinks, etc. Hope that helps!

PA
reviews: 12
2. Re: First timer.. is there enough to do in late February?

Thanks so much for the info! Sounds like there would be plenty to do and I love places with live music. I'll check the events calendar when the date gets closer to see specific events that may be going on.

Thanks again!

3. Re: First timer.. is there enough to do in late February?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 05, 2013