We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salem Civic Center

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
reviews: 197
Salem Civic Center

Hello, I will be going to the basketball tournament at the Salem Civic Center on Sat, Feb 4.

Can anyone tell me what the Civic Center is like? The website doesn't have a lot of practical information.

For parking, is it a long walk from the parking lot to your seats (we have to pick up our tickets at the Will Call window)? I'm asking because I need to know how much time to allow to get parked and inside so that we don't miss the start of our game.

Also, is there food and/or alcohol inside? Would it be similar to any other sports or entertainment venue or is it limited?

I'm trying to plan our day and make sure we don't show up there and find out we're late and there's no food ;o)

Thanks.

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Salem Civic Center

Hello, VaBelle! Glad to hear you'll be visiting our fair city. Welcome!

The Salem Civic Center has very convenient parking on all sides of the building. You shouldn’t need any more than 10-15 minutes (walking at a slow pace) to park, pick up your tickets, and get inside. I always allow a little extra time just in case. There will be food but I don’t recall alcohol at sporting events held in the Civic Center (they sell beer at the outdoor events like local baseball) but I’m not 100% certain. If you’d like to grab a bite and a beer before the game, I recommend Mac & Bob’s across from the courthouse on Main Street. They have good food and great selection of beer and even hard cider. Have a safe trip!

reviews: 2
2. Re: Salem Civic Center

Is SCC they same place they used to play ECHL hockey? (I can't remember) If so, they used to sell beer and food at those games.

Salem, VA
3. Re: Salem Civic Center

ECHL was at the Roanoke Civic Center. Salem Civic Center is older and smaller.

Salem, VA
4. Re: Salem Civic Center

Curiosity got the better of me so I just called the Salem Civic Center directly. Consessions will be served throughout the tournament. However, there will be NO alcohol sales.

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
5. Re: Salem Civic Center

Thanks Snorkeler. And thanks for the restaurant recommendation. I was going to ask about that, too, but forgot.

Mac & Bob's is definitely my boyfriend's kind of place. And they have creme brulee for dessert, so it's definitely my kind of place, too :D

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
6. Re: Salem Civic Center

Just to update...

We had a great time at the Oak Hill basketball game last night.

We really enjoyed Mac & Bobs. It was just what we needed after the game.

Thanks for your help Snorkeler. You helped make a quick trip less stressful.

Salem, VA
7. Re: Salem Civic Center

Glad I could help! The next time I head up to NoVa, I'll be sure to check in with you for ideas:-)

Manassas, VA
Destination Expert
for Manassas
8. Re: Salem Civic Center

Please do :D

9. Re: Salem Civic Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:32 am, May 20, 2013