We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rehearsal Dinner

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Rehearsal Dinner

Looking for a place for our son's rehearsal dinner in the Roanoke area. We live out of state are are not familar with area restaurants,

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Hi MichiganMom04,

My mom is a Michigan mom, also! Congratulations on your son's upcoming marriage. I'd love to help you with restaurant recommendations but need a little more information. How large will your party be? Do you prefer a formal or a more relaxed atmosphere? Are you looking for something relatively close to the rehearsal site? If so, where will that be held? We've got lots of great choices in the beautiful Roanoke Valley but I'd like to narrow it down for you!

Thanks,

Salem

Ann Arbor, Michigan
2. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Hi Salem,

Thanks for responding, we're looking at a more relaxed place,the venue is The Plantation on Sunnybrook. I'm not sure about the head count yet but looking at around 25+ people. Have you heard of The Coach Four?

MichiganMom04

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
3. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Yes, The Coach and Four is a Roanoke classic http://www.coachandfour.com/ . It's one of my best friend's favorite places for prime rib. It's also very easy to get to from Sunnybrook...just a few miles down Williamson Rd. The décor is quite dated and the typical clientele tend to be older couples. Good food, though.

Another place you may want to check out is Hollywood’s Restaurant located about a mile in the opposite direction on Williamson Rd…very close to Sunnybrook. hollywoodsrestaurant.com/Hollywoods_Website/… The small size of the restaurant would provide you with a relaxed, cozy atmosphere. Their catering menu is very diverse so they should be able to accommodate you. The prices might also be better than Coach and Four. The daily specials and the desserts are fabulous! They get a lot of business from nearby Hollins University, a private, women’s college.

Carlos Brazilian International is on the opposite end of town but they do a very nice job on rehearsal dinners http://www.carlosbrazilian.com/. The restaurant is situated on top of a hill and overlooks the city. It’s quite romantic at sunset. It might be too formal for your group, though. However, it’s one of my favorite restaurants, so I had to mention it :-)

If these don’t appear to be what you have in mind, let me know and I’ll try to offer some other suggestions.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

Thank you so much , this will give me a few to check out.

MichiganMom04

5. Re: Rehearsal Dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, October 29, 2012