We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities in and around Roanoke

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
VA
reviews: 14
Activities in and around Roanoke

We're visiting family next week and want the kids to get out of the house plenty. I know there is the kids and transportation museums, which we'll probably go to once. Any other suggestions of what to do? Are there any small ski or sledding hills in the vicinity? Thanks!

Salem, VA
reviews: 8
1. Re: Activities in and around Roanoke

Hi Kat,

Sorry no one else has replied - I don't have kids but I'll take a stab at some suggestions based on my nieces visits. There's a Chuck E. Cheese near Tanglewood mall and Thunder Valley in Salem for arcade fun. We always enjoy the Science Museum and the dome theater there - good fun for all ages. Star City Skate Center might be fun for some roller skating. I can't help you with the skiing/sledding question - sorry. I live out in the country so most of the kids out my way sled in their own yards.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Activities in and around Roanoke

You might also see what's going on during thewinter at the zoo. I think they still have their train ride, weather permitting too:

http://www.mmzoo.org/tabid/107/Default.aspx

See what the Mill Mountain Park Discovery Center might offer in the winter. I wonder if they offer ideas on sledding or tubing in lieu of hiking.

roanokeva.gov/85256a8d0062af37/vwContentByKe…

You know they're predicting snow that weekend so far.

3. Re: Activities in and around Roanoke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 21, 2011