We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA?

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arlington, TX
Help me drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA?

I am looking for someone with a kind and quiet disposition, and a good driving record, to help me make the drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA.

I am leaving late afternoon of Jan 30th, 2006. Right after the movers pull out! (The movers begin at 1pm.)

I have two cats, one of whom has traveled and the other (?)...I really don't know about the second cat, as he came to us after we arrived in Arlington, TX.

I need to make regular pit stops (each 2-3 hours), so it will not be a 17 hour marathon.

Perhaps a student or other person who needs to get back to the Roanoke area...share gas and car rental...this is open to discussion.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Help me drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA?

Just popping in to suggest something you've probably already done...posting this in the Arlington Tx area and other cities surrounding as well. You might also post this on the Blacksburg Va forum since there's the large Virginia Polytechnic Institute there. Also Lynchburg Va since there are tons of colleges around there. And both Blacksburg and Lynchburg are not far from Roanoke.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
2. Re: Help me drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA?

PS YOu might also give, say, Houston forum a try too. A student in need of anything free can find a way to make it work. Just increases your chances...the students are still home. In fact, if you feel like it you might call Virginia Tech in Blacksburg and Lynchburg College, Liberty University and the ones in Roanoke. Something like this can get passed around among the students and emailed or messaged to friends in your area.

Have you tried all your groups and friends and good neighbors? Make up a flyer and give it to people you know and trust. Perhaps there's someone they know coming north to Virginia...or someone who is trying to make their way to Washington DC and can go the rest of the way on his own, etc. There might be a pleasant adventuror who always wanted to try skiing, which one can do from above Roanoke on north. Best wishes.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
3. Re: Help me drive from Arlington, TX to Roanoke, VA?

Young friends suggest you try craigslist.com The home page is San Francisco but along the right hand side are other cities. Click on Houston and dallas and place your info. Looks like Richmond is the closest city they have in Va.