We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using VA Route 24 out of Roanoke to Smith Mountain Lake

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlottesville...
reviews: 2
Using VA Route 24 out of Roanoke to Smith Mountain Lake

Can someone give me the directions to use VA-24 through Roanoke to get to Smith Mountain Lake? I have tried MapQuest, etc., and each time the directions are to turn left off VA-24 Elm Avenue to get on VA-116. We want to follow Rt. 24 to get to VA-122 (Booker T. Washington Hwy.), but we cannot remember exactly how that Route 24 goes through Roanoke. Thanks for any help you can give.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 43
1. Re: Using VA Route 24 out of Roanoke to Smith Mountain Lake

I went to Google Maps and selected Get Directions from Valley View Mall, Roanoke, VA (since I didn't know where you were starting from) to Stewartsville, VA. That puts you on Rt24 which goes to Rt 122 -- you'll know your way from there.

Charlottesville...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Using VA Route 24 out of Roanoke to Smith Mountain Lake

Thanks, Wendy. (You show up everywhere on the forums, don't you? :) ). I can't find my directions from the last time. So, thanks aga in.

3. Re: Using VA Route 24 out of Roanoke to Smith Mountain Lake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 15, 2011