We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relocating also

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
palm bay, florida
Relocating also

Our company is relocating us to Roanoke. Looking forward to getting away from these hurricanes in Florida. Had enough. Also welcome the change of season, cooler weather (yes, tired of this brutal heat) and a bit of a "less stressful" town. Central Florida is hectic, crowded-getting more so everday-and very expensive. My question, hopefully for a local, is how is the hospitality? Fairly open to new residents? I also understand the cost of living there is considerable less than Central Florida. What's the housing market like right now, much available there?

Roanoke, Virginia
1. Re: Relocating also

Hello: I posted this on the other strand for relocator, I don't know if you are the same person... Homes in Roanoke are priced by neighborhood more than square footage and luxury. You get more for your money by living in the surrounding counties and commuting the 20-30 minutes. Go to www.homesinfranklincounty.com to see some nice houses in that area. There are also nice neighborhoods in nearby Bedford County.

Rocky Mount, VA
2. Re: Relocating also

Here is a good real estate site for Roanoke and surrounding areas: http://www.rvar.com/

Floyd County (SW of Roanoke) is my favorite area to live in.