We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off of Hwy 81...?

Which Roanoke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
a real world west...
Off of Hwy 81...?

Greetings,

In July i'll be headed on a road trip east and I was wondering if anyone might know of a cheap motel I might stay in for one night just off of Hwy 81 around the general vicinity of Roanoke....(I don't actually plan on visiting Roanoke). The closer to 81 the better.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 49
1. Re: Off of Hwy 81...?

If you're looking for personal recommendations, I was impressed with the Holiday Inn Express in Roanoke just off 81. Is that cheap enough? You can always search Yahoo Maps, type in Roaoke, and then click on Hotels -- you should then get a map with the hotels/motels all marked.

a real world west...
2. Re: Off of Hwy 81...?

Thanks very much...I never thought to use Yahoo.

Virginia
3. Re: Off of Hwy 81...?

Hello, save yourself a miserable stay by avoiding the Ramada in Roanoke, it's quite a different place than their website shows, the rooms were terribly outdated, dirty, and I'd rather sleep on a sack of pig food than the beds we had! (4/10/05)

On a happier note, if your destination is near Radford, I do recommend the Best Western in Radford,we stayed there the week before (4/03/05), although it's not a 5 star by any stretch, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, and there were extra pillows and towels already in the room. A decent stay for the price.

Have a safe trip!

a real world west...
4. Re: Off of Hwy 81...?

Well thanks for the advice...I think for my money i'll be best off at the Super 8 in Radford.

Super 8 is always super cheap and this one looks like it will be okay for one night. Thanks again for the suggestions.