We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Food in Reston area

Which Reston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Lake City, Utah
reviews: 26
Best Food in Reston area

Hey all,

I'm out in the Dulles-Reston-Chantilly area later this week for work and I was wondering what the best places a foodie would want to hit for some fresh local product and/or seafood.

Willing to drive a bit to get there so places within say an hour or hour and a half drive would be okay too.

Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Washington DC...
reviews: 51
1. Re: Best Food in Reston area

Well, there is a great Thai place on Route 50 just west of Route 28 called Thai Basil. She was on Throwdown with Bobby Flay and won for best Pad Thai.

If you go there at lunch though, they can be packed, so try to hit it at 11:30 or 1:00.

Also in the same shopping center is Picante which has excellent authentic Mexican. Their Mole Enchiladas are great.

Great BBQ is Willards on Willard Road near the Dulles Expo Center in Chantilly.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
reviews: 31
2. Re: Best Food in Reston area

An hour takes you to the Inn at Little Washington, which is one of the two or three best restaurants in the region. It is supremely expensive and reservations can be challenging.

Another place which I have not tried but which is high on my list is L'Auberge Provencal in Boyce, VA. It's about 45 minutes from Dulles, and features locally sourced produce.

Finally, in Great Falls there is exceptional french food fit for a foodie at L'Auberge Chez Francois. Depending on where in Reston / Chantilly you will be it should be about a 30 minute drive.

Reply to: Best Food in Reston area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted