We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Ceremony ideas

Which Reston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pinedale, Wyoming
reviews: 3
Wedding Ceremony ideas

Hi. I'm getting married sometime in the warm months (between May and September? October?) in Northern Virginia. My family lives in Reston and Leesburg. I'm looking for a unique wedding venue. We want to have it outside and ideally the ceremony and reception would be in the same place with a hotel near by OR have the reception at a place where people could stay. We are estimating about 150 people. If anyone has any ideas about where to get married, please let me know. Thanks.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
1. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

Best wishes!

Check out

innatstringfellowfarm.com/

lansdowneresort.com/

goodstone.com/main_ie.html

This is a wonderful place. Did you know Marriott has a ranch? marriottranch.com/

There's another one I'm thinking of but can't remember the name. I can picture it...I'll post again if I find it.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
2. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

Well, here's another I thought of...but it's still not the one I'm trying to find.

blackhorseinn.com/

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
3. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

OK, here's the last one:

vairish.com/ (That's for 'virginia irish'. It's owners are Irish, they have Irish items, a pub, etc. It's very nice.)

PS I think most of these places have a toll free number to save you some expense.

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

Our daughter's reception was at the Marriott Suites in Herndon, VA. They did a nice job and the price was very reasonable, considering. We kept finding that catering and clean up made most other places prohibitively expensive.

reviews: 4
5. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

I would highly recommend the Hidden Creek Country Club in Reston, VA. The prices are reasonable when you consider all they include in the price AND you don't have to be a member of the club to have your wedding there. They can accommodate up to 200 people (maybe more) and the food is really really good. You can have the reception and ceremony in the same place. Two major hotels are close by, the Hyatt at the Reston Town Center and the Sheraton. There are also other small chain hotels close by. The best part is the decor, the food, the view of the golf course, surrounding beauty of Reston and AMPLE parking!! Also the women's bathroom for the bride is very large and has a huge full length mirror. I'm not sure if they can do the entire reception outside but I know they can do the ceremony and cocktail hour outside and the reception room is surrounded by lots of windows and window doors that can be left open. You'll have to see for yourself to see what I mean. I hope I'm not too late by posting in May but if you are still looking then check it out. http://www.hiddencreekcc.com/page/16-296.htm

If I could do it again I would have by wedding there!

P.S. I went to an October wedding at the Black Horse Inn and it was OK but logistics were tough. Not a lot of parking, gravel and stones were hard on high heels of the female guests, people got lost on the way there, and the ceremony was outside and the ground was soft so shoes were sinking into the ground and lots of mud. The place is beautiful but has some drawbacks.

VA
6. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

I'm also planning my wedding in the Reston VA area. Thanks for the tips; however, I would like to let everyone know about my experience with the Hidden Creek Country Club. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. The General Manager and the Marketing & Events Coordinator are two of the rudest people I have come across. The place couldn't organize a reservation let alone a full wedding and reception. I am normally a very laid back person but the treatment received by certain members of the club prompted me to let all know how disgraceful this place is. Here is my story (sorry it's a bit long)...

A little over a month ago I was searching the web for venues for my wedding and read the review from Carolynweb above. We made an appointment a day later with the General Manager (GM) of the club to meet him and to check out the place . I should have known after the first day that all would not be right because when we turned up for our appointment the GM was not there to meet us. He had a junior member of staff show us around. The first thing we asked was "are there any minimums for a wedding at the club?" The answer was 'no'. A few days later we called the GM and said we would like to sign a contract for a May 2007 date. He then asked how many people we would have at the reception. When I told him approx. 50-60, as we advised at our first appointment, he said that there might be a problem. He suggested that we come in and take a look at a smaller room within the club that would be more appropriate for a smaller wedding. We met him that night and he showed us the Potomac Room (instead of the Fairway Room which we were shown originally). There was a meeting going on in the room so we were not able to see it as close as possible - but it was not as nice and didn't have outdoor access. I explained to the GM that I was disappointed as we had our hearts set on the Fairway Room. He said he would see what he could do with dates that were not during the peak season. A few days later he provided a few possible dates in April and 30 June. Three days later I called him to say that we wanted to sign a contract for 30 June. That was the last I heard from him. I left 5 messages over the next two weeks with zero response from this man. I can only assume that he was not man enough to call me back to say that they could not accomodate my wedding on that date - instead he chose to ignore me. In frustration I left him my final message, which asked him to call me back within 24 hours or I would contact his superior - I also left a message on the receptionist's phone explaining my situation. 10 minutes later a message was left at my place of work by the Marketing & Events Coordinator. When I called her back her assistant answered, took all my details, and told me that she would email me a copy of the contract for my preferred date. After worrying for two weeks about whether we would be able to get the place that we wanted, I was happy. The next day blew my mind! Ms Marketing & Events (Ms M & E) called and (she is not having a good life) she began berrating me over the phone for speaking to her assistant and not her. If sombody can explain to me why I would know that her assistant (who said she could help me) had only worked there for 2 weeks and didn't know anything (as Ms M & E stated to me), I would welcome your insight! She spent the next 5-10 minutes raising her voice and telling me that she could not even cover her staff costs with a party of 50. I attempted to explain the sequence of events and she was not interested, so I told her that her organisation was outrageous and that I would NOT be having my wedding there. I have never been spoken to that way over the phone by anyone! If I hadn't told them from the first day that our wedding was for 50-60 people I might understand what happened but I was upfront and was given the 'run around'. They will not care about your wedding (or treating you like a customer) - they are more intersted in the $ value that you might bring into the place.

I wish you luck if you do decide to have your wedding at the Hidden Creek Country Club - but warn you to be careful!

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
7. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

cj...and Alexis if you're still looking...here's another venue for smaller weddings/receptiions: woodlawn1805.org A beautiful setting.

Washington, DC
8. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

How about The Clifton Inn( www.clifton.net) ?

Congratulation!

Washington, DC
9. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

Sorry,

It's www.cliftoninn.net .

10. Re: Wedding Ceremony ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:56 pm, December 04, 2006