We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in REston Virginia

Which Reston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
11 posts
Living in REston Virginia

I am thinking about moving to Reston Virginia. However, housing is very expensive including rental which is ~ 1200.00 including utilities.

Any ideas where to find affordable housing.

Northern Virginia
Level Contributor
357 posts
1. Re: Living in REston Virginia

Are you moving to work in Reston? If so, you can live in towns near Reston for less than in Reston. Depends on how "nice" an area you want. There is a price premium for being in the limits of Reston. You could live across the street in a Herndon address and probably pay 10%+ less than a Reston address. A little further away is Sterling, which is different and, from what I hear, nicer than Sterling Park -- but you need to check that out because I don't know for sure.

The Dulles Town Center area just off Route 7 (Leesburg Pike), generally referred to as Dulles (not an incorporated town) has a lot of more dense housing -- towns and condos -- and a LOT of shopping. There are SF homes in the area as well. Ashburn Farm and Ashburn Village are also nearby. If you are willing to commute a little further you could even look at the Town of Leesburg, which is an historic town with both old and new residences.

All of these areas are very close to Dulles Airport (one of the 3 Washington area airports). Let me know if you have any more specific questions.