We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip From Reston

Which Reston hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Day Trip From Reston

I will be in the reston area for a week and I want to take a day trip from Reston to DC or Maryland.

I am big fan of seafood so want to try some crab cakes . Any suggestions

Bruceton Mills...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Day Trip From Reston

Clyde's in Reston Town Center has good crab cakes.

Trip to DC is pretty easy. Best bet is to find the Vienna Metro and take the train in. Someone at the hotel can help with finding a bus or cab. You could also drive to the metro without much trouble.

I personally wouldn't drive into DC.

Baltimore and the Inner Harbor is a pretty easy day trip too. Might have to watch out for rush hour though. You'd likely need to drive up there though.

central virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
reviews: 14
2. Re: Day Trip From Reston

You might want to ad the Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive if you've never been. That would take a car.

You say you want to take a day trip. Not to see anything in particular other than Md or DC so I'm thinking the usual tourist attractions. You'll get lots of info on those Forums on TA I think, things to do, etc.

You'll need to get to the metro parking early enough before it's too full and from there you can have a great time using the metro.

Also, do get maps. If you know someone who belongs to AAA you can get them free.

3. Re: Day Trip From Reston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 27, 2010