We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerikeri Yoga & transport

Which Kerikeri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maui, Hawaii
reviews: 15
Kerikeri Yoga & transport

Hi ---

I'm thinking about visiting Kerikeri this mid-March (2013) on my way to meet family in Gisborne. I want to do Yoga while I'm there. Any leads?

Is the Kerikeri center (Iyengar yoga) still open?

Also, I'll be flying into Auckland International from Washington DC. Is there public transportation (Bus) or best to fly? Or, if I want to get around, best to rent a car?

I have about 4-5 days.

Many thanks,

Diane

5 replies to this topic
Kerikeri, New...
reviews: 44
1. Re: Kerikeri Yoga & transport

Hi there Diane; Yes, the centre is still there, there are phone and contact details on their web site at http://kerikeriyogacentre.com

There are several coaches per day leaving from Auckland CBD, but its a bit tricky co-ordinating your arrival, getting into the city and catching a coach. International travellers usually seem to find that they need to spend a night in Auckalnd, then catch a morning coach. Nakedbus.com and intercity both have web sites with timetables. Flying is way easier - you can check your luggage all the way through with Air NZ and partner airlines, but the prices can be steep unless you book a seat early. Keep an eye on grabaseat.co.nz

There are around 3 flights per day. You can hire cars from the Bay of Islands airport. A1 cars are a local car hire that have very reasonable rates, but the big companies have offices at ariport too. Personally I think its a bit crazy to spend almost 4 hours driving from Auckland when your jetlagged, but it is an option. All the best;

Rocky

NB there is NO public transport buses up this way - so unless you know someone, car hire is the only practical way to get around, unless you want to try hitch hiking.

Edited: 1:20 pm, December 06, 2012
Maui, Hawaii
reviews: 15
2. Re: Kerikeri Yoga & transport

Thanks for a very informative response. I think I will look into flying to Pahia and renting a car. Glad to hear about the yoga center.

WIth that info, I'm good to go. Any information on land and sea weather in mid-March?

Diane

Kerikeri, New...
reviews: 44
3. Re: Kerikeri Yoga & transport

March - the weather should be excellent, and the sea waters warm for swimming.. Keep in mind that the tail end of a sub tropical storm can occasionally clip the Bay of Islands at that time of year!

Paihia
4. Re: Kerikeri Yoga & transport

Hi Diane, I see that Rocky has given you great advise. I would tend to agree with her regarding flying into Kerikeri Airport and then hiring a car in the Bay of Islands. If you check regularly with Bay of Islands Airport with Air New Zealand

you may pick up a good flight price. Enjoy your stay.

Regards Sue

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 34
5. Re: Kerikeri Yoga & transport

For flying to Kerikeri, there is also the option of using SaltAir, a local operator.

To do this you would probably choose to take the AIRBUS into Auckland and spend a night in Auckland city, as these flights effectively leave from Auckland CBD (actually a shuttle bus from the CBD to the airfield on the North Shore.).

By the way '144islands' just for info, Rocky is a man! (owner of a very lovely B&B in Kerikeri)

Reply to: Kerikeri Yoga & transport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kerikeri
Recent Conversations