We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just - Hole in the Rock

Noida, India
Level Contributor
45 posts
Just - Hole in the Rock

I'm doing the RockTheBoat trip with family - http://www.rocktheboat.co.nz/

which does not cover "Hole in the Rock"

I'm thinking I shouldn't miss "Hole in the Rock" and seeing dolphins ... but please share your thoughts.

Is there a trip where I can do Only "Hole in the Rock" ... I mean navigate through it and not spend $100 per head for another trip.

I have rented a car, so I can drive to the closest point and take a simple little trip to "hole in the rock" from one of the bays ... which is low cost.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
999 posts
213 reviews
1. Re: Just - Hole in the Rock

Tthe trips I've seen come in at $89-95 whether its the fast jetboat or the slower type boats. Some sites give you a discount if you book in advance online.

We plan on doing that trip when we are in Paihia in July but will wait until we arrive before deciding which triip to book in case the weather is bad/we're delayed onroute to Paihia and miss the afternoon departure.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
Level Contributor
9,627 posts
145 reviews
2. Re: Just - Hole in the Rock

It would appear that the rate for the trip is around $100. With little to no competitions now as nearly all the operators are owned by the same parent company discounts will be limited.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
349 posts
3. Re: Just - Hole in the Rock

There is nowhere you can drive that gets you any closer to Hole in the Rock than a boat trip from Pahia or Russell. Hole in the Rock is Piercy Island at the very tip of Cape Brett. To get to the tip of Cape Brett is a full days hike from the end of the road and you can't see the Hole in Piercy Island from the tip of Cape Brett, if i recall correctly.

4. Re: Just - Hole in the Rock

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 09, 2014