We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blood test for uk resident in B of I

Which Bay of Islands hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Falmouth, UK
reviews: 32
Blood test for uk resident in B of I

Hi

We are staying in Russell next week during which time my husband will need a routine blood test (INR). Can anyone suggest where would be the best place to go for this ( for a UK resident) then hopefully we can call in advance and make an appointment if necessary

Many thanks

Whangarei, Northland
Destination Expert
for Auckland, Whangarei
reviews: 29
1. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

I don't know the answer, but if you ring the Bay Of Islands hospital, they should be able to help you....

healthpoint.co.nz/northland/…

Falmouth, UK
2. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

Thanks andychef - good idea we will give them a ring.

Falmouth, UK
3. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

In case anyone else has a similar query in the future, I thought I would report that we were able to get the bood test (INR) at the health centre in Russell. A short chat with the doctor, followed by the blood withdrawal by a nurse, then a phonecall later that day with the results, all cost just $25.

The staff were all very firendly and helpful.

Wellington, New...
Destination Expert
for Wellington, Bay of Islands
reviews: 105
4. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

Most GP surgeries around the country can arrange such tests. For NZ residents the lad tests are free but generally visitors have to pay. For a total cost of $25 the OP got a great deal. A doctors consultation alone is normally around $50

New Zealand
reviews: 199
5. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

Australia and the UK have reciprocal health agreements with New Zealand, which means that visitors from those countries get a range of services at the same cost as New Zealand residents. See here

…govt.nz/new-zealand-health-system/eligibili…

Visitors from other countries will undoubtedly have to pay more.

6. Re: Blood test for uk resident in B of I

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bay of Islands