We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Which Ka'anapali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
reviews: 29
Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

We have narrowed it down to these two but as we wont be hiring a car, wondering which one would be best if we are going to walk everywhere...any help would be greatly appreciated.

22 replies to this topic
Canberra, Australia
11. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Hi Judz, my husband and I stayed at the Eldorado in Feb this year and thought it was fantastic. Had a great unit, full kitchen, it was in a quiet area and was a short walk to a beautiful beach that was great for snorkelling (sea turtles, lots of different fish) and wasn't crowded. There is a little shopping area just across the road which was really handy and we hired snorkel gear from the Snorkel store there and would really recommend them. We are from Australia and found driving really easy, the roads are great, well signed and we had no dramas at all. The only time it gets a bit confusing is when you are the first in line at the traffic lights or at an intersection! The first time we were on Maui we didn't have a car and found it really limited us. I'd definitely recommend giving driving a go to get the most out of your trip!

Duluth MN
12. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Lahaina Shores:

1. Full-size refrigerator, oven/stove, microwave, full set of dishes in every room. (I don't know if the Eldorado offers that in every room)

2. Not a very good beach, but if you rent an ocean-front room, you fall asleep to the sound of the ocean.

3. Better views from the rooms.

4. Cheaper,

5. Some restaurants in Ka`anapali--they don't compare to the selection of restaurants within walking distance in Lahaina.

Part of the fun for us in being in Lahaina is talking with various locals we see out every day, whether it's walking the beach, on Front Street, or wherever we are in Lahaina at any point in time. It's a more down to earth vibe than in the more touristy areas.

Our choice is (and has been) the Lahaina Shores.

Lee

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
13. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Lee, all units at the Eldorado are true condos. Full size stove, oven, fridge, etc etc.

Duluth MN
14. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Thanks for the info, sw!

Lee

Perth, Australia
reviews: 16
15. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Most Definitely Lahaina Shores... I only just returned from Ka'anapali a few days ago and it was magnificent 😊

Maui
Destination Expert
16. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Lahaina Shores isn't in Kaanapali, though..............but I am glad you enjoyed it and Maui.

I hope you do a trip report for us if you have time, since you were solo and we need more solo reports!

New Zealand
17. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Well after giving it a lot of thought we are going to do 4 nights at Lahaina Shore and 3 at El Dorado - it works out a bit more expensive but I love having a look around different areas and they both sound so different, so thanks for everyone's input. 6 weeks to go - I can't wait.

Maui
Destination Expert
18. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

Judz, no matter where you are-I bet you have fun! Enjoy and the 6 weeks will fly by.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 82
19. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

The split would be fun.

Two different climates

and two different price points for shops and restaurants.

New Zealand
20. Re: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?

We have just returned and I must say we loved both places but I enjoyed the Eldorado a bit more but glad we did both. The free trolley left right outside and then the bus to wherever you wanted to go for $4 for a day pass.

Reply to: Eldorado or Lahaina Shores?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted