We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Which Ka'anapali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Hi all,

My fiance and I will be staying at the Sheraton for our honeymoon. Fiance is not really good with narrow, winding roads, and though I'm still trying to convince her to come along, at least at this point she's given me the go ahead to go solo on the Road To Hana and up to Haleakala for sunrise - meaning she'd be on her own all day one day and at least another morning, and since I'll have the car she won't have her own transportation.

I'm sure there are worse things than to be "stuck" at a great beach resort on Maui, but in case she'd like to get out and explore, what would she be able to do alone either on foot, or perhaps with some taxi rides that won't completely break the bank?

Sacramento...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Spa day!

Plover, Wisconsin
reviews: 10
2. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Yes Sheraton has a nice spa that is pretty new! If you will be there during whale season she could do a whale watch boat cruise.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 12
3. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

The Sheraton offers a free shuttle into Lahaina for their guests. Browsing Front St. on her own would be fun and having lunch at Kimo's.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
reviews: 56
4. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Thanks mamma - I had read about the shuttle to Lahaina but it slipped my mind. I think between the resort itself and Lahaina she'll have some good options.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
5. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

SHOP! She can hop on the shuttle to Lahaina and browse to her heart's content. Not have to look at her watch or wonder what else she should be doing. Have a great lunch at Kimo's or a dozen other places.

Is she cool with boats? Perhaps an excursion out of Lahaina Harbor.

There are movie theaters in Lahaina as well.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 69
6. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Beach day or if she likes history take the historic tour around Kaanapali. Book it next door at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
7. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Take advantage of the shuttle and go shopping and arrange a Spa treatment in advance. You will be gone a really long time when you do the RTH. Give her a half day Spa Package, she is a great gal to have you go alone.

:You can't rush Hana, takes us 8-12 hours round trip depending where we start from.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 337
8. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Congrats MachThree, I had no idea.

Besides the shuttle to Lahaina, Maui has a decent little bus system. She could take the Napili Islander up to Napili Bay for something to do, eat at the Gazebo, etc.

…maui.hi.us/documents/21/BusFixRouteSchedule…

MI
reviews: 8
9. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

Go over to the Westin resort and rent an umbrella and chair for the day. This was one of our favorite days. Staying at the Sheraton you can rent the beach umbrella and chair at the Westin. There were people around swimming so she would feel comfortable by herself. We also spent a day at Sheraton's beach and enjoyed the Westin beach a lot more. Also can walk right over to whalers village for lunch and shopping break. They rent from 9:00-4:30 for $37.00 or you can do a half day for $20.00. But if she did the full day she could have all of her stuff there and go over to whaler's village for a while too. We didn't spa while we were there b/c we were in paradise and didn't want to spend it inside at a spa when you can do that anytime. After 5:00 she could go back and shower and then take the shuttle into Lahaina for shopping and dinner.

10. Re: Solo in Ka'anapali for a day or two with no car, what to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 23, 2014