We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Which Ka'anapali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Temple
reviews: 1
Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

I am staying at the Honua Kai in 2 weeks!!! We land on Sunday at 3:30. I figure by time we pick up the rental car, and get to Honua Kai, it will be time to eat, and I don't wanna miss the first sunset. I was thinking about stopping at Dukes and then maybe a walk on the beach afterwards. Opinions? Does Dukes have separate areas? Dining room and bar area, or is it all in the open?

With this plan, is it okay to wear swim gear to Dukes, then jump in the pool afterwards, or would it be better to dress up and get a reservation?

I appreciate all the help and advice.

Temple
11. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Thanks everyone. Looks like im just gonna drop off bags in hotel and go down to Dukes bar area for drinks and maybe a light dinner. I know we will be tired, and wanted everyones opinion. Anything else I should know ?

Hartford...
reviews: 17
12. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Board shorts t shirt and flip flops will get you into anywhere on Maui.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
13. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Paul ~ Where's "Temple?"

Betty Lou

Temple
14. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Temple is in Texas between Austin and Dallas

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
reviews: 3
15. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

Actually, I'd make reservations at the restaurant part of Dukes. We did our first night and had a table by the window and could see the beautiful sunset. The bar outside was packed, at that time, no tables. People must have arrived really early to get them. I don't think you have enough time. Besides picking up your rental car, you might want to pick up a few staples for breakfast before checking in, but if not, someone will take time to walk you around your unti at the Hona Kai, and show you how everything works. They just don't hand you a key

Better to have a back up plan. Or go sit on the beach with many others for the sunset, and then walk over to Dukes for something to eat.

Iowa City, Iowa
reviews: 53
16. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

<Actually, I'd make reservations at the restaurant part of Dukes.>

I agree, I just made my reservation for a table on the rail, for Jan.20, 2014, on Open Table.

arkansas
reviews: 16
17. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

For the bar at Dukes, we have always had a 'wait', (but we go at sunset, so we should expect such). For the restaurant area we have had occasion for immediate seating without a reservation; the only down-side is it is usually inside seating.

18. Re: Do I need Dinner reservations at Dukes?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 20, 2014