We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Which Ka'anapali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fairbanks, Alaska
reviews: 37
Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Aloha, we haven't spent much time on this side of the island. The hubby and I prefer Wailea (ah, the 4S!), but the kids want Ka'anapali.

We will need two bedrooms and two bathrooms on a great stretch of sandy beach. Would prefer to be able to see the boys on the beach and in the water from the unit but that isn't totally necessary, they are 15 years old. Any suggestions? We would prefer to keep the price below $350 a night, if possible. We would also prefer a large unit, ground floor and walking distance to restaurants if that is not asking too much.

Mahalo - Mel

Petaluma, CA
reviews: 33
1. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

I would check the Marriott Ocean Club, in either of the new towers. They have two and three bedroom villas with full kitchens and washer/dryer. Great location. Walking distance to Whaler's Village. The beach in front is not great, but you can walk a little bit and it's fine. Great pools and grounds. Their ocean front rooms are breathtaking. Not sure of the price, as we traded in through Interval. Depending on when you go, you might get a good price. The other condo complex on Kaanapali Beach is the Alii, but we were there are few weeks ago and they are doing major construction to their pool area. I would avoid that one.

Mount Vernon,Il
2. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

I would take a look at The Whaler or Ka'anapalia Ali'i either their own sites or vrbo. They are both on the beach the kids want and there should be something available in that price range.

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
3. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Marriott is good, Westin Villas is the nicest, but I wouldn't over look Kahana like the Kahana Sunset either. While you can't walk to Ka'anapali the buses are great and easy.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
4. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Aloha,

When are you visiting? You might want to consider Maui Kaanapali Villas, Honua Kai, and depending on the timing-the Ali'i. As Scott suggested, look a little more in Kahana-maybe the Outrigger Royal Kahana would be a good choice.

Fairbanks, Alaska
5. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Thank you all for your help. We are going in March for spring break. I have already looked at most of the properties that people have suggested here and have found the condos to be much more expensive than I thought they would be. The most important thing is that the beach out in front be great for teenage boys. I will check out the Kahana Sunset (maybe I stayed here years back) like Scott suggested.

Thanks again.

Carpe Vacationum!

B.C., Canada
reviews: 28
6. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Hi,

I noticed your post. My husband and I are looking to take our 15 and 18 yr old daughters to this area in Mid February. We are looking for the same thing as you and I wondered if you had any success booking a unit?

Thanks

Fairbanks, Alaska
7. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

We had decided on Whalers Village or Kaanapali Alii, because they seem to have the best beach and walking access, but then changed our minds and are now headed to Palm Springs. Both condo complexes were over $400 a night, fyi.

Good luck and thanks everyone for the help.

Troutdale, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Hood River, Troutdale, Cascade Locks, The Dalles, Portland, Oregon
reviews: 90
8. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

In October, we stayed in the Aston Kaanapali Shores resort. We had our 18 YO Grandson with us. He loved the beach front.

We found the Aston to be clean and comfortable. Although we only had a one bedroom, it was plenty for one extra person. They have two bedrooms, oceanfront, although ours was ocean view, it was beautiful and we could see enough to thrill us. THey do have ground floor rooms.

Edited: 6:21 pm, December 10, 2009
B.C., Canada
reviews: 28
9. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

Alaskagirl....Interesting that you are now going to Palm Springs. We also gave up on Maui because it was so very expensive and air from B.C. is also so expensive in February because of the Olympics. I think we will have to aim at the off season to go there...it is a very beautiful place. We are off to Cabo San Lucas instead (have never been to the West coast of Mexico). Have a great trip...

10. Re: Best Beach-front Condo for two teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 30, 2010