We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Which Ka'anapali hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco Bay...
reviews: 12
Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Got back Dec. 4th after 7 days at the Maui Sheraton, had a great time, hotel is only half full at thie time so nothing was crowded which was nice, pools and beach were never very full, lots of lounges and chairs at all times, the Black Rock Cliff dive and show we watched almost every night, we could also see it from our ocean view balcony, which I booked for $199. Weather was nice, rained one day and was not so warm, but all the other days were pure Maui. Anyone with ?s I would be happy to answer, Buck

WV
reviews: 10
1. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

We leave for Maui in 5 days and will be staying at the Sheraton:) Is the spa open yet? They said Fall 2008, but I have heard any reports saying it was open.

Texas
reviews: 20
2. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Did you visit any of the other resorts? If so, was there one you liked better than the Sheraton?

Kirkland, Washington
3. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Any whale sighting?

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
reviews: 46
4. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

what restaurants did you eat at

San Francisco Bay...
5. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

The food at the Sheraton is very expensive, we went next door alot, they have a filet for 23.95 that melts in your mouth, and they have entetainment also. We also ate at Leilanis and Hula grill.both at Whalers Village, just a short walk from the Sheraton with a nice path. Both have barefoot grill for less formal and dinning rooom for more formal and more pricey of course. The fish is just great at Lielanis, about 29.95 for the Maui Maui is the best ever. The Kaanipali beach hotel next door is the place we would go for drinks and food, not the Tiki bar but the regular restuarant. Be sure and see the tourch lighting from the Logoon Bar. because you get the commentary to explain it. Then after you can go on the beach to see it or from your room.

The Sheraton is wonderful place to stay, staff mostly very nice and friendly. Any more ?s just ask, Buck

Spa was not open, that I saw, hotel is about half full when we were there.

Parking is kinda of tricky, first day valet is comp then move your car to the self park for free, the valet is $5 per day after the first day. Be sure and check out the free shuttles to Liehaina. ask at the dest about them. Have a great vacation

San Francisco Bay...
6. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Whales are just now starting to show up, we went to a talk and the lady said she saw one that day, and they are just starting, that was on the 3rd, so they should be more coming now as the days go. Buck

regina
7. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Buck, how did you get your room so cheap at the Sheraton?

Louisville KY
reviews: 5
8. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

I also would like to know how you got such an awesome rate! Please let us know.

San Francisco Bay...
9. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

How I got my $199 rate? Expedia had it at the time, as half off. I also looked on the Sheraton site and it was also there at the time. Be sure and join the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) program before looking for rates, it helps. Booking direct will get you more benefits and if something goes wrong you can deal directly with the hotel instead of a third party. I haven't looked at the rates since I got back so don't know what they are going for now, good luck, you will love the Sheraton Maui I am sure. Buck

The Kaanapali Beech Hotel is next door, we went there alot to eat, its older and more laid back, but everyone uses the same beach, you may want to check that one out, I was told when there that it was only 30% full at the time. Had a whole wing closed off.

Houston
reviews: 5
10. Re: Just returned from the Sheraton Maui

Hi -

I read that you just returnd from Maui and looks like you stayed at the Sheraton. Looks like you got a nice deal for only 199.00 a night. I am taking my niece to Maui for her college graduation gift. I am also taking my husband and two sisters. Well I am not taking them they are coming along.

How did you like the Sheraton? I was also looking at staying at the Kaanapali Beach Hotel which is right next to the Sheraton. It is much cheaper than the Sheraton but I am not sure how that hotel looks. Any thoughts????

We are going from March 1 thru March 6th.

Thank you

Katherine In Houston