We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

ireland
what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

going now on july 28 for 12 nights at raffles with kids age 6 and 4. can anyone give us advice on what to do-should be visit other islands and how.

karen

World
reviews: 32
1. Re: what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

Nothing is highly under-rated. I have been going to the Grenadines for 30 years, first as a kid then as an adult and for the last 13 years as a parent.

My kids can spend all day on the beach, play some tennis and golf, and you know what,every time I plan on doing some outing to another island and we never quite get around to it.

JENSEN BEACH
reviews: 37
2. Re: what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

WOW! What a shame with so many unique opportunities on your doorstep!!! Golf and Tennis can be played anywhere!

Karen, I would definitely recommend exploring the Southern Grenadines and Magnificent Tobago Cays! Mayreau is a tiny Island just off of Canouan. I would suggest bringing along a few kites to fly and some easily packable sea floats. Before you go, Leave them behind for the Children there who have so little! You are sure to smile when their little faces light up! With about 200 Residents Mayreau is a TRUE Caribbean Island. Several nice little restaurants. The Tobago Cays is a Marine Park which rivals the beauty of any! Snorkel with the turtles, sail amongst the Islands, go for a swim and see some truly unforgettable scenery. Union Island has a nice, colorful little Harbor Town of Clifton to explore and Palm Island has a very nice Private Resort, visitors are welcome at the bar/restaurant! Coming all the way from Ireland, I think it would be such a waste to spend 12 days and only see this one Island when others are, literally, minutes and an excursion away!

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 1
3. Re: what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

I would definately play golf at Raffles (its one of the best courses in the world and truly amazing)

I would take the boat trip with Captain Phil and Nicola out to the Tobago Keys for some snorkelling with the turtles and then lunch in Saltwhistle Bay on Mayreau

I would definately try the other beaches on Canouan - go to the Tamarind beach one day (Raffles will bus you down) and on a Sunday to CBA beach - both are gorgeous and the best 2 on the island.

Hike up to the top of Mount Royal at Raffles with the guide - its an amazing view and not too hard work.

Rent a little mule through Raffles and explore Canouan, eat at some local places like Crystal apartments (fantastic Roti's), Pompeys for some good basic one-plate lunch, and the new place called Majellas on the beach.

you'll have a great time - we are very proud of Canouan and its a great little island

4. Re: what can we do for 10 days in canuoan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, September 04, 2009